What's new

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I find with subtitles that I don’t see the actors performance at all. My eyes stay at the bottom as I do nothing but read.
I'm not really averse to subtitles occasionally, and I'm a pretty fast reader, but I feel the same way if a film is very dialogue-intensive. At that point, you may as well just be reading the printed screenplay as you're missing most of the actors performances and visual aspects of the film.

I did watch a 3D film one time where the main titles were only present in one eye. That was causing eyestrain, and I was glad it only lasted a couple minutes. If this were the case for a 3D feature film with subtitles only in one eye, I wouldn't be able to watch it.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Just wanted to thank John Sparks for being such a gracious host and allowing me to watch a 3D movie at his place, even though he wasn't able to at the time. You're great, John.

You're more than welcome Robert. You'll have to come over and we'll see how the acoustic panels work out. I have to have Don (another HTF member) over also to see if those panels sound good to him.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Another one I really enjoyed. Post 3D but reading up on it, they moved around scenes to really show off the 3D. Good bass and the 7.1 really shined. Get it while you can. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

81JBsuEIbqL._SX425_.jpg

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Mine just shipped also. Ordered it before hearing there'd be a limited US release.

Darren Aranofsky did not want Noah converted to 3D, so it was only released that way in other countries. Saw it in 2D on Vudu, have the 3D disc and will eventually check it out keeping everything in mind.

ABaglivi

Second Unit
Real Name
Anthony
Noah and his family are chased by the murderers and seek refuge with the fallen angels known as the "Watchers", in whose territory Methuselah lives. The Watchers are confined on Earth as creatures of stone for helping humans banished from the Garden of Eden.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
It's one of the best 3D titles out there. It was lensed specifically for 3D. If more Hollywood movies had followed the TS Spivet blueprint perhaps the format would not have withered.

Ron if it matters you might update the listing for this movie in you top list.
It is available overseas as a playable version on U. S. Players.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'll be interested in your thoughts on Gemini Man 3D. I've been considering placing an order, but have not yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks