What's new

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thanks Ron!!! Just ordered THE YOUNG & PRODIGIOUS T.S. SPIVET for $16.00 shipped. Probably get it sometime next year and that's okay. :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

Good Man!

This is a REAL 3D film. It was lensed for the format and looks pretty incredible! Please report back after seeing it.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I bought the 8 film BD boxset of FRIDAY THE 13TH,because I had never seen the other 7 after the 1st. My son told me that number 3 was released as 3D. So, I found out it was never released on BD in real 3D, but is was but with paper glasses.

I wonder if it will ever be released as a real 3D BD...too late, huh?

EDIT: Didn't know they offered the 3D version on the disc and I had a pair of paper glasses so I gave it a shot. Damn, my head still hurts, but only slightly. It was shot with 3D cameras and it shows. Of course had it been done properly for BD, it would have been a damn good disc.

Pop-outs galore, dumb-ass story line, as usual but the 3D, in some scenes was really good. Of course, the color was green and red, but the 2D version was a very good print.

A fun movie watching experience. :3dglasses:

Last edited:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Looking forward to next Sunday now and Polar Express.
Which other festive 3D titles do you all watch at Christmas ?.
Highly recommend March of the Wooden Soldiers. Not dramatic 3D but the strange combo of colorization and 3D just grabs me, like watching Our Gang in 3D/color, especially the one with Chubby flying the damn kite. I so wanna walk into that screen and just stand there and watch that first hand with the great depression going on around me.

Biblical epics like Noah and Exodus are also pretty good. I remember Noah having better 3D than Exodus. Both have their moments. Noah has the watchers from Noah. And the plagues and of course the outstanding final 3rd of from Exodus. Breathtaking.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Agreed it’s outstanding, not sure if it was the player or my glasses or something else. Same type of sync issue as the grinch , very brief but made your eyes pull against each other, I didn’t take time stamps as I had company and didn’t want to ruin the moment.

I like POLAR EXPRESS, too, and the 3D is superb. It's just the eyes...those eyes. :eek:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I like POLAR EXPRESS, too, and the 3D is superb. It's just the eyes...those eyes. :eek:

Even if we ignore the creepy animation, I find it hard to get past the fact that "Polar" spread maybe 10 minutes of story to 100 minutes. There's little in terms of character or narrative - it's just frantic antics from start to finish.

That said, the animation really kills it!

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Even if we ignore the creepy animation, I find it hard to get past the fact that "Polar" spread maybe 10 minutes of story to 100 minutes. There's little in terms of character or narrative - it's just frantic antics from start to finish.

That said, the animation really kills it!
To each his own, but I must strongly disagree. The movie is all about character and the action is always moving the plot forward. One of the thing this movie does is build anticipation to meeting the “Big Guy”. When the time comes, the movie delivers.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
To each his own, but I must strongly disagree. The movie is all about character and the action is always moving the plot forward. One of the thing this movie does is build anticipation to meeting the “Big Guy”. When the time comes, the movie delivers.

The movie is adapted from a 32-page book that included plenty of pictures - and according to the listing on Amazon, it's meant for 4-7 year olds.

Not really a recipe for complex characters or plot, is it?

Lots and lots of stuff happens, but little of it really reflects character development or story. It's a theme with all sorts of manic antics around it.

Here's my full review if you're curious:

http://www.dvdmg.com/polarexpressbr.shtml

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The movie is adapted from a 32-page book that included plenty of pictures - and according to the listing on Amazon, it's meant for 4-7 year olds.

Not really a recipe for complex characters or plot, is it?

Lots and lots of stuff happens, but little of it really reflects character development or story. It's a theme with all sorts of manic antics around it.

Here's my full review if you're curious:

http://www.dvdmg.com/polarexpressbr.shtml
Colin, I find we are often in disagreement. I’m going to leave it at that.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I remember liking Polar Express when it first came out in IMAX 3D but I haven’t seen it since. Actually, what I remember most about that was coming home for the holidays after finishing college, arranging to take my brothers and parents to see the movie, and then having one brother bail far in advance, and the other as soon as we got off the train to the city. He said he was going to “hang out with friends” (was 17 at the time) and met us after the movie with brand new tattoos. My parents were not thrilled.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    acinstallation240
    Recent bookmarks