What's new

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Anyone know what the 3D is like on Hobbs n Shaw ?, the German 3D is released in a couple days but I’m thinking of cancelling and just getting the 4K so it’s In keeping with the rest of the F&F franchise.

I'm not sure if it was ever released theatrically anywhere in 3D, so no one may have seen the 3D version yet. It may be exclusive to this German blu-ray.
Looks like there will be two "Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw 3D" Blu-ray releases.
The India version came out on 11-4-19, which included a French "12" logo classification on the disc-art, but there is no German Audio or German subtitle track.

Very Good 3D!:3dglasses:

IMG_0023.jpg

Audio:
English Dolby Atmos 3D
English Dolby TrueHD 7.1
French Dolby Digital Plus 7.1
French Audio Descriptive Dolby Digital 2-Channel Stereo
Italian Dolby Digital Plus 7.1
Spanish Dolby Digital Plus 7.1
Czech Dolby Digital 5.1
Polish Dolby Digital 5.1

Subtitles:
Bulgarian
Chinese (Cantonese, and Mandarine)
Croatian
Czech
Danish
Dutch
English
Finnish
French
Hindi
Italian
Korean
Norwegian
Polish
Portuguese
Romanian
Slovenian
Spanish
Swedish
Thai

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It looks like Will Smith's Gemini Man will be released in 3D blu in Germany. There is a standard 3D release, and a special limited edition 4K/3D/blu steelbook combo for a premium price.

It's from Paramount so I'm guessing it will be region free, but I don't know much about their international releases.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
From Moe's post: I just upgraded to a 65” LG 4K OLED with passive 3D. Compared to my 3 earlier DLP RP sets, I definitely am getting crosstalk which I’d understood was “solved” with the 4K panels. It’s still watchable and I love how much brighter it is but still disappointing.

3D Crosstalk on a successful filter-aligned LG passive 4K OLED display panel should be minimal to visually non-existent.

I have exactly that same display, and I have absolutely ZERO crosstalk 99% of the time. Your sitting angle will affect how much crosstalk you encounter, just as much vertically as horizontally. Experiment.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
From Moe's post: I just upgraded to a 65” LG 4K OLED with passive 3D. Compared to my 3 earlier DLP RP sets, I definitely am getting crosstalk which I’d understood was “solved” with the 4K panels. It’s still watchable and I love how much brighter it is but still disappointing.

I have exactly that same display, and I have absolutely ZERO crosstalk 99% of the time. Your sitting angle will affect how much crosstalk you encounter, just as much vertically as horizontally. Experiment.
And the way the 3D film was photographed can affect your experience, too. Comin' at Ya! has some minor crosstalk in extreme close-ups. It's the only real crosstalk I've experienced on my OLED.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
“Minor” seems very generous on that title; that was a full on misalignment “feels like someone is stabbing a pencil into my brain through my eyeball” kind of experience for me.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
"Comin' at Ya" is definitely hard on the eye muscles.
I don't recall it being like that in the cinema but my eyes were somewhat younger then.
If this is the restored version, complete with crap all over the screen at times, I dread to think what it was like before.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Planning to watch The Grinch 3D tonight.

Have 3D's of Aladdin, Avengers: Endgame, and Hobbs & Shaw on the way. Need to order Abominable at some point.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Yeah, I've watched it once before. Disappointing, but at least it's just a brief scene or two (which makes one wonder how it even happened).

Ahh right, yes it does seem odd why it happened, dissapointing they didn't fix it but no do that would be very expensive. It's s good little film.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I don't mean to poo-poo on your parade. I mean, it's great you can get this on 3D.

But why?

These films aren't lensed for 3D. All they did was upconvert it so basically the only effect you are getting is depth.

I would rather own a 4k version of this title than be unimpressed with an upconverted title.

That is why I think this format died long ago. Nothing is being created for it anymore.

Again, I don't mean to come across negatively, but I am sort of curious as to why these upconverted titles not originally meant for the format are desirable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks