What's new

Dave>h

Second Unit
If anyone has a region free player and is interested in a Copy of T2 in 3d (my bad, didn't check the region coding and won't play in my player or my xbox one), drop me a PM and we can arrange something.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If anyone has a region free player and is interested in a Copy of T2 in 3d (my bad, didn't check the region coding and won't play in my player or my xbox one), drop me a PM and we can arrange something.

FWIW there are a few Region A compatible versions now, but none of them cheap -- Czech, Korea (sold out), and Japan
Japanese version is backordered, but 'only' around $40 shipped

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
My UK-imported 3-D disc looked great on my 65" LG OLED. No tweaking required.

I just upgraded to a 65” LG 4K OLED with passive 3D. Compared to my 3 earlier DLP RP sets, I definitely am getting crosstalk which I’d understood was “solved” with the 4K panels. It’s still watchable and I love how much brighter it is but still disappointing.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
I just watched the UK 3D and 2D Spiderman Far From Home, enjoyed the film more than I expected. But the 3D did not look right on my LG OLED. I was surprised to read positive reaction to it. I only got through the first chapter in 3D - the landscapes were curved unnaturally, and half of Peter Parker's close up face in shadow seemed in a closer plane than the non-shadow half of his face. I also didn't appreciate having only 5.1 DTS on the 3D disk while the 2D disk in the set had 7.1 DTS-MA. I rarely give up on a 3D but it looked like the pseudo 3D my LG can generate from 2D material.

Given the positive comments by others, I'm wondering, does the 3D improve later in the film? Is there an explanation why it appears so computer-generated without human correction for dimension flaws on my set but looks good on others? I have all the Marvel films in 3D, all look well rendered just not this one, to my eyes.

I have the same set or similar to you and I had a few times when the TV didn’t lock in to the disc’s 3D but rather the TVs own 3D conversion was showing - perhaps this is what happened to you.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just upgraded to a 65” LG 4K OLED with passive 3D. Compared to my 3 earlier DLP RP sets, I definitely am getting crosstalk which I’d understood was “solved” with the 4K panels. It’s still watchable and I love how much brighter it is but still disappointing.

Hey, Ted!

Nice to see you back on the forum! Welcome home!

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Where did you find a new 3D oled?

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
3D Crosstalk on a successful filter-aligned LG passive 4K OLED display panel should be minimal to visually non-existent.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Not to put words in his mouth, but he didn't say it was "new", he just said he "upgraded" from his prior display.
Ok. Moe, were did you get your 3D OLED?

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Anyone know what the 3D is like on Hobbs n Shaw ?, the German 3D is released in a couple days but I’m thinking of cancelling and just getting the 4K so it’s In keeping with the rest of the F&F franchise.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Anyone know what the 3D is like on Hobbs n Shaw ?, the German 3D is released in a couple days but I’m thinking of cancelling and just getting the 4K so it’s In keeping with the rest of the F&F franchise.
I'm not sure if it was ever released theatrically anywhere in 3D, so no one may have seen the 3D version yet. It may be exclusive to this German blu-ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks