What's new

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Watched 3D Dumbo last night. Kind of a disappointing film. I was hoping for more from Tim Burton. The 3D was nice, but nothing special.

But it was fun seeing Danny DeVito on-screen again (with his monkey nemesis), and the kids were pretty good.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Whew...finally finished the 8 movies. Glad they had the 8th one to tie it all together.

The 3D was so-so and the audio too. To the completest, it's a must for your collection. :3dglasses:

71k6QDOOv-L._SX425_.jpg

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
We watched Toy Story 4 3D and it was terrific in every dept.

Saw it in IMAX and I gotta say I enjoyed it more at home on 3D which is very rare for me.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
We watched Toy Story 4 3D and it was terrific in every dept.

Saw it in IMAX and I gotta say I enjoyed it more at home on 3D which is very rare for me.
I enjoy all my films at home more than the cinema, I’ve not been to an imax though. I do like being in control of the pause button... I pause the movie and my wife tops up the glasses :cheers::D

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
SPYKIDS GAME OVER, some of the best 3D I have ever seen, audio was okay. The whole beginning is pop-outs and throughout the movie. I'll let you read up on the CG and the weird ass opticals.

One of only a few that I didn't finish watching but still a good addition for your 3D collection. :3dglasses:

81v3nNGNmJL._SX425_.jpg

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
SPYKIDS GAME OVER, some of the best 3D I have ever seen, audio was okay. The whole beginning is pop-outs and throughout the movie. I'll let you read up on the CG and the weird ass opticals.

One of only a few that I didn't finish watching but still a good addition for your 3D collection. :3dglasses:
Those run so horrible on my Samsung. I need to get the same projector you have I think. I was telling my coworker I have my dream home theater attached to my motor in my car now. Transmission replacement. $3700 :( I'm going to put together a realistic wishlist and try to buy the important things. Paranoid they will stop making these.

I missed the Pacific Rim discussion pages back. The story with the military has never been my favorite thing about it. Most of the cast is a bore. I like the 2 scientists, they seem like a couple. Not sure if that was the point. lol The effects and sound I think may be the best I have in my collection. blew my mind. it's like you're seeing this stuff happen. Now, not sure if anybody talked about the sequel. I really really liked it a lot. I was thinking it was going to be so so but I can't wait to watch them again.

My other Dollar General didn't have the same kind of movie selection as the other one. None of the 3Ds, none of the $4 movies at all. They did have The Orphanage on blu for $3. upgrading a dvd. Bunch of crap for $5 and up. I guess it's the crowd over there. They don't like to read their movies. lol

Finally saw Mortal Engines 3D. was worried at first but then it got good. Like a Star Wars group inside a Dickens/Dishonored world. I'd actually rather see a low key Dishonored movie that looks like this with a similar story as that first game. But this wasn't bad at all. The Shrike character was underused. I really like the sunk-in eye look, similar to the rock things in Noah 3D. Shrike should have been appearing all the way through. He was neat! (at first I thought she was saying Shrek! lol ) Can't believe it bombed so bad. I was reminded of Monty Python's Meaning a Life. Wonder if that's where the writer got the idea. Poor Gilliam... can't get a break! Anyway, the movie looks fantastic.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill

81v3nNGNmJL._SX425_.jpg
I remember running the anaglyphic 35mm prints of SK 3-D when I worked projection part-time while going to law school. Even in anaglyphic the pop-outs were among the best I've seen. The movie is what it is, but the effects are stunning.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I remember running the anaglyphic 35mm prints of SK 3-D when I worked projection part-time while going to law school. Even in anaglyphic the pop-outs were among the best I've seen. The movie is what it is, but the effects are stunning.
I just can’t get myself to buy a poor movie just for the 3D. Even with great 3D, it’s a poor movie.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I hope SPY KIDS: ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD is a tad better. I just received A VERY HAROLD & KUMAR 3D CHRISTMAS and SPIDERMAN FAR FROM HOME. Still waiting for SAVING SANTA, THE LEGENDARY DRAGON, ABOMINABLE, HOBBS & SHAW, LION KING, SNOWMAN, MALEFICENT 2 AND BUNKER OF THE DEAD.

I don't read reviews of movies that I buy, at least not the 3Ders. I'll decide if they are crummy, not someone else.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I hope SPY KIDS: ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD is a tad better. I just received A VERY HAROLD & KUMAR 3D CHRISTMAS and SPIDERMAN FAR FROM HOME. Still waiting for SAVING SANTA, THE LEGENDARY DRAGON, ABOMINABLE, HOBBS & SHAW, LION KING, SNOWMAN, MALEFICENT 2 AND BUNKER OF THE DEAD.

I don't read reviews of movies that I buy, at least not the 3Ders. I'll decide if they are crummy, not someone else.
I like H&K 3D Christmas. Raunchy as hell, but funny. I am influenced by reviews, particularly on this forum, because I have to minimize buying mistakes. I just can’t buy every single 3D movie. Yeah, I’ve bought movies I was disappointed in, but I keep it to a minimum.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I like H&K 3D Christmas. Raunchy as hell, but funny. I am influenced by reviews, particularly on this forum, because I have to minimize buying mistakes. I just can’t buy every single 3D movie. Yeah, I’ve bought movies I was disappointed in, but I keep it to a minimum.

I'll buy not-so-hot movies 3D if they're cheap enough - like the "Jack the Giant Slayer" I got because it was like $5.

Sometimes I buy BDs that I know I'll probably only watch once, but it's so little money that I don't feel TOO stupid! :)

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Spider-Man FAr From Home,

Just got around to watching this this afternoon, damn... that’s some fine 3D!, great depth, fantastic real looking layers and some pop outs. Amazing details and colours that popped off the screen, motion was great and I really enjoyed the movie itself which I did wonder about.
Audio was pretty good to and just needed the volume a tad higher as is the norm.

I was thinking of getting the uhd of this as it’s supposed to be reference but I won’t bother now as it’s perfect the way it is on this 3D edition, highly recommended from me!.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Spider-Man FAr From Home,

Just got around to watching this this afternoon, damn... that’s some fine 3D!, great depth, fantastic real looking layers and some pop outs. Amazing details and colours that popped off the screen, motion was great and I really enjoyed the movie itself which I did wonder about.
Audio was pretty good to and just needed the volume a tad higher as is the norm.

I was thinking of getting the uhd of this as it’s supposed to be reference but I won’t bother now as it’s perfect the way it is on this 3D edition, highly recommended from me!.
Excellent, I’ve got Spiderman and TS4 on the way from across the pond.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell

81v3nNGNmJL._SX425_.jpg

I think I will pass on this John.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks