What's new

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Filmed with 3D cameras and I really liked it. A fun movie, good 3D and with pop outs. The audio was good too! I tested it in English, but went with English sub-titles, which was fine. Not going to tell you what it's about. :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

81UC0LopkwL._SY550_.jpg

vinnie7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Vince
Hard to provide a juxtaposition point since I've yet to seen Pets 2 (and you haven't seen the latest Godzilla). It's just a little *too* ridiculous, outlandish, and improbable.
Re: Pets 2 (it arrived yesterday). Yes, it was disjointed, but not any more so than the latest Godzilla. Pets 2 was more fun and immersive (in owing to its full-screen AR). The bright and expansive environments were also more conducive to showing off the faux third dimension.

vinnie7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Vince
We've all done it at some time Martin. Last month I ordered POTC: SALAZARS REVENGE in 3D. When it arrives, it's a DVD...crap!
I was gonna' say speak for yerself, but then I remember not so long ago that I ordered a 3D title I already have (IMAX Hubble 3D).:eek:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I hate to endorse a competitor, but that site indeed is very helpful for release info of all sorts!

I never venture into the forums and I don't read the reviews, but they've got a great database of info on various releases...

Tbh, I do read the reviews as they usually are well done.
But those forums?? The worst.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Ok so we just finished watching Toy Story 4. I was very anxious as to how Disney was going to make this 4th instalment work but I have to say we really enjoyed the Story!, almost had a few lumps in my throat near the end, Well done Disney!.

Audio.. as per recent Disney the volume needs to be cranked to a higher level but then it’s pretty Immersive but does lack Bass, take note to go to settings and select 7.1 as 5.1 is the default.

3D, well I do like pop outs but sadly they were lacking here, saying that the layering and depth was quite stunning !, what struck me was the incredible details throughout such as spiders webs and dust, also details such as wood grain etc in the surroundings. Colours were beautiful as you would expect.

Overall a must buy from myself and the wife.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For anyone that ordered the Creature Set recently -- there are now 2 separate reports of items with the 00022 sticker AND with the old disc packaged. So if it's important, check the disc ID and/or file date or play it and see if it's corrected.

The Nightmare of the Creature continues to be strong

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
For anyone that ordered the Creature Set recently -- there are now 2 separate reports of items with the 00022 sticker AND with the old disc packaged. So if it's important, check the disc ID and/or file date or play it and see if it's corrected.

The Nightmare of the Creature continues to be strong

I saw that tonight, still haven’t checked my disc though. If it’s SBS I will bin it and forget it as there’s no chance of getting a replacement in the UK.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure if there is a way to get a US person to use your invoice to get the replacement and mail it. Not sure of the extra cost involved with the shipping a small item, but possibly an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks