What's new

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The Star Wars prequel trilogy conversions are fully complete and have been exhibited at Disney and Star Wars fan events. They reportedly thought about putting them on 3D disc alongside The Force Awakens but then decided not to.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
The 3D was just ok. Some scenes were blurred, especially if the were in the foreground. Never really noticed this before until this 3Der. Great audio with 7.1 so that was fun. Still had to turn it up a tad. :3dglasses:

916BjrzelhL._SX425_.jpg

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I'm no completist, as I own no 3D MCUs after "GOTG2" - ie, none after they stopped putting out US 3Ds.

Maybe I'm a US 3D completist - how else to explain my apparent desire to own meh 3D conversions of circa 2011-12 movies but not great conversions like "Ragnarok" or "Captain Marvel"? :blink:
I have them all, including the British 3Drs. I see no reason not to buy them. They all came through from over seas easily, although they take a bit longer. In the player the look and play just like North American discs.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I have them all, including the British 3Drs. I see no reason not to buy them. They all came through from over seas easily, although they take a bit longer. In the player the look and play just like North American discs.

If I didn't get review copies of the 4K UHDs for the post-"GOTG" MCUs, I might've imported them. As much as I like 3D, the 4K is good enough for me and unless I can find cheap copies, I won't invest in the imported 3Ds for those...

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
A few times a year, Amazon.uk does Disney 3D sales where it’s usually two movies for 18 GBP. They remove the included VAT for US customers and the shipping isn’t killer. Depending on exchange rates at the time, it usually works out to about $10 US per title.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A few times a year, Amazon.uk does Disney 3D sales where it’s usually two movies for 18 GBP. They remove the included VAT for US customers and the shipping isn’t killer. Depending on exchange rates at the time, it usually works out to about $10 US per title.

Unless they've changed things -- Amazon doesn't remove VAT on their "2 for " style deals.

Or technically they do, but they do it before they apply the £18 deal so it reality it's still £18+shipping for most titles.

The last couple years a sale has happened in last Sept-mid Oct, but the sales don't really have a specific pattern

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
People mentioned Tron Legacy pages back. I was so disappointed in the 2D of that. then I finally got it in 3D and it's fun that way.

I got Kung Fu Panda 2 3D Russian from a ebay seller in Russia for $16. I read it's better than the first which I also have not seen. But nice to have it.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
People mentioned Tron Legacy pages back. I was so disappointed in the 2D of that. then I finally got it in 3D and it's fun that way.

I got Kung Fu Panda 2 3D Russian from a ebay seller in Russia for $16. I read it's better than the first which I also have not seen. But nice to have it.

James, you must get #1 and of course #3 to round out the trilogy!!! Big Lots had #1 and #3. :thumbsup::thumbsup: :3dglasses:

Dave>h

Second Unit
The Star Wars prequel trilogy conversions are fully complete and have been exhibited at Disney and Star Wars fan events. They reportedly thought about putting them on 3D disc alongside The Force Awakens but then decided not to.
So there are 3d version of Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith that remain unreleased in 3d? Man that sucks. I saw Phantom Menace 3d theaterically and really enjoyed it. Not one of those people that hate the prequels so I can enjoy them!

I really would love it if Disney would put these out. It won't happen unfortunately but they really should!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
So there are 3d version of Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith that remain unreleased in 3d? Man that sucks. I saw Phantom Menace 3d theaterically and really enjoyed it. Not one of those people that hate the prequels so I can enjoy them!

I really would love it if Disney would put these out. It won't happen unfortunately but they really should!

That’s correct. They’ve been shown at Star Wars fan events like Celebration but haven’t been released to the general public.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Hey yes! I actually have 1. I only saw a 2D of 3 at BL. Have you seen the 3d? They do have the Russian on ebay but it's about $30 I think.
I was never able to find KFP3 in 3D at my Big Lots. Tons of copies of 2D. I had to order elsewhere.

I picked up the Spongebob 3D last night. Now to screw up the courage to watch it. :unsure:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I was never able to find KFP3 in 3D at my Big Lots. Tons of copies of 2D. I had to order elsewhere.

I picked up the Spongebob 3D last night. Now to screw up the courage to watch it. :unsure:
I was just as my store and same thing. :(

You won't be sorry on Spongebob. I've seen 1 episode one christmas, the nieces were watching. Thought it was real funny. But the movie is a blast! Some of the effects really stretch out in both directions. I got crosstalk during some of that but not movie ruining.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Speaking of -- the Disney 3D 2 for £18 deals from AmazonUK and Zavvi, it appears they are active right now. I didn;t notice them a couple days ago though I was Out of town for a couple days with limited Internet.

"From 30 Sep. 2019 to 03 Nov. 2019"

Amazon still appears to be limiting to 2 items per order. Zavvi allows multiple groups of 2, £3.99 flat rate shipping, but charging sales tax to around 30 states now

usually this is closely followed and sometimes overlaps with a Marvel 3D sale with the same terms

Last edited:

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Hamilton Book currently has these 3D titles, some for as little as $2.95

https://www.hamiltonbook.com/blu-ray

COMIN' AT YA! $2.95
FLYING SWORDS OF DRAGON GATE $2.95
ALICE IN WONDERLAND 3D $3.95
SECTOR 7 $3.95
SHARKS 3D $4.95PIXELS IN 3D $4.95
STATIC $4.95
CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2 IN 3D $5.95
JURASSIC PARK 3D $5.95
EVEREST $5.95
47 RONIN $5.95
300: Rise of an Empire $5.95
DOCTOR WHO--DARK WATER / DEATH IN HEAVEN $5.95
GLEE: The 3D Concert $5.95
FASCINATION CORAL REEF 3D: Hunters and the Hunted $5.95
AMERICAN MUMMY $5.95
IMMORTALS 3D $5.95
RIO / EPIC $5.95
CLASH OF THE TITANS 3D $5.95
TEXAS CHAINSAW $5.95
MEN IN BLACK 3 $6.95
PROMETHEUS $6.95
GULLIVER'S TRAVELS 3D $6.95
PERCY JACKSON: Sea of Monsters $7.95
NURSE 3D $7.95
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 3D $9.95
WINGED PLANET 3D $9.95
LIFE OF PI $9.95
THE PEANUTS MOVIE $11.95
X-MEN APOCALYPSE $12.95
DREAM BIG: Engineering Our World $15.95
JIVARO $19.95

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks