What's new

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
3D was only okay, but the audio was well done. Forgot about the 3D as the story progressed, which I enjoyed more than I thought. :3dglasses:

91OP0joWp4L._SX466_.jpg

Decided to watch this afterwards and it was very well done...except for the floating fish head at the beginning.

91t6EbtDrHL._SX425_.jpg

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Jumper doesn’t look great because it was done with a piece of automated equipment purchased from JVC with minimal human input. The piece of equipment put the price at $60,000, whereas a normal conversation costs millions of dollars. It’s basically a slightly better version of the tech built into your TV to force a 2D image into 3D on the fly.

Fox also did I Robot and Predator with this process and then stopped as neither the results nor the sales figures were good.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Jumper doesn’t look great because it was done with a piece of automated equipment purchased from JVC with minimal human input. The piece of equipment put the price at $60,000, whereas a normal conversation costs millions of dollars. It’s basically a slightly better version of the tech built into your TV to force a 2D image into 3D on the fly.

Fox also did I Robot and Predator with this process and then stopped as neither the results nor the sales figures were good.
I reviewed all three of them, and I certainly concur that they were, at best, mediocre 3D experiences.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill

See also Gamer and other Lionsgate titles. I have the Gamer disc, and it isn't compelling. Not terrible, but it just fails to justify its existence,

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think I sold my Gamer disc. Didn’t like the movie plus lousy 3D, didn’t have a reason to keep it. I didn’t realize Lionsgate did other titles with that conversion process.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Snagged a bunch of used 3D BDs today:

-Three Musketeers - $1.99
-Green Hornet - $3.99
-Tron Legacy - $5.99
-Green Lantern - $7.99

Almost bought "Captain America: First Avenger" 3D for $15 but I heard meh reviews of that one's 3D so I passed. I'd take the chance if it was $10 or under.

Looks like somebody dumped their Marvel 3D BD collection - they had at least 10 of those titles!

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Snagged a bunch of used 3D BDs today:

-Three Musketeers - $1.99
-Green Hornet - $3.99
-Tron Legacy - $5.99
-Green Lantern - $7.99

Almost bought "Captain America: First Avenger" 3D for $15 but I heard meh reviews of that one's 3D so I passed. I'd take the chance if it was $10 or under.

Looks like somebody dumped their Marvel 3D BD collection - they had at least 10 of those titles!
Was that a yard sale? CA1 is a good movie and the 3D is good too.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Excellent 3D and they could have done wonders if they had used the 2.35:1 ratio. You know, all kinds of things coming out of frame. Good audio too and all for $5 at Big Lots! :thumbsup::thumbsup: :3dglasses:

91wFnQ4LToL._AC_UY327_SEARCH213888_QL65_ML3_.jpg

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Excellent 3D and they could have done wonders if they had used the 2.35:1 ratio. You know, all kinds of things coming out of frame. Good audio too and all for $5 at Big Lots! :thumbsup::thumbsup: :3dglasses:

You people are going to force me to buy this, aren't you? :blink: :)

I also thought the 3D in CA1 was pretty weak. Much better in Winter Soldier, IMO.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell

I’m happy with 2.35:1 or full screen John although most 3D enthusiasts favour full screen. As you say great 3D on this title but wasn’t a keeper for me as I found the Movie to weird !.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Guys I know this is going to sound crazy but can anyone remember if i mentioned I pre ordered Parasite ?, I’m sure I did but I can’t find any trace ...

Thanks.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I’m happy with 2.35:1 or full screen John although most 3D enthusiasts favour full screen. As you say great 3D on this title but wasn’t a keeper for me as I found the Movie to weird !.

The animation style and humor reminds me of REN & STIMPY which is fantastic. Funny, I don't sell any of my BDs/SDs, that's why I have such a huge collection...but I do have a lot for sale that I double dipped on when I bought them for the 3D. :3dglasses:

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
The animation style and humor reminds me of REN & STIMPY which is fantastic. Funny, I don't sell any of my BDs/SDs, that's why I have such a huge collection...but I do have a lot for sale that I double dipped on when I bought them for the 3D. :3dglasses:

I don't have any room to store that many !,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks