What's new

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I have them all (Uk/Ger) the newest ones coming...it's just the wait that's a bummer. But, I still have lots to view:

ENDGAME
SMALL FOOT
THE SPONGBOB MOVIE SPONGE OUT OF WATER
XXX RETURN OF XANDER CAGE
JUMPER
SPYKIDS; TIME OVER
SPYKIDS; ALLL THE TIME IN THE WORLD
IRON MAN 3
THOR THE DARK WORLD
TANGLED
SHAZAM
GODS OF EGYPT
FROZEN
GNOME ALONE

, so that will keep me busy until the newest ones arrive. :drum: :3dglasses:
Off this list, I can heartily recommend the following for 3D content:
ENDGAME
THE SPONGEBOB MOVIE SPONGE OUT OF WATER--the 3D depth and pop-out on the conventional animation is quite stunning on this
SPYKIDS 3; GAME OVER--the pop-out on this title is INSANE
TANGLED--the ice saw pop-out at the beginning sealed the deal, along with Get a Horse

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
ENDGAME
THE SPONGEBOB MOVIE SPONGE OUT OF WATER--the 3D depth and pop-out on the conventional animation is quite stunning on this
TANGLED--the ice saw pop-out at the beginning sealed the deal, along with Get a Horse

You know, I base everything on MINIONS. The movie is 1.85:1, but during the end credits, it shifts to 2.35:1 and some of the BEST out of frame is exhibited.

Glad you like all of them...me, I can't wait to view them in the coming weeks! :drum: :3dglasses:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Big Lots has this on 3D, but I didn't yet take the plunge as I'm not really a SB fan. Though I could say the same about The Smurfs and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and I have those 3D's already. Watched the two TMNT films, which were fine. Haven't yet brought myself to watch Smurfs.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Big Lots has this on 3D, but I didn't yet take the plunge as I'm not really a SB fan. Though I could say the same about The Smurfs and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and I have those 3D's already. Watched the two TMNT films, which were fine. Haven't yet brought myself to watch Smurfs.

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES is a really good movie...IMHO. The 3D is awesome and you get to view some great female anatomy.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I thought Turtles was outstanding in 3D. I hope BL will get the sequel in 3D. They have the 2D now. G-force from Disney is very similar. the UK blu ray had a 3D region free and 2D region B locked I believe. Such fun 3D.

Came to mention if somebody has not already Hamiltonbook.com had quite a few 3Ds for very cheap. $4 flat. Some for $3 some for $4 some for $7. Worth doing search, I can't do a list right now.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

"Sponge Out of Water" is a pretty fun movie, and the 3D is terrific!

http://dvdmg.com/spongebobmoviespongeoutofwater3d.shtml

For $5 or whatever Big Lots wants, it's worth the plunge!

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
ENDGAME

I think the ice saw pop out was Frozen not Tangled ?.

I sold spongebob on as we didn’t like the movie much and knew we wouldn’t watch it again.
Spy kids game over, I’ve not seen this or indeed any of them, I will have to have a look.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Can I ask for some help with the Spy kids movies please.

1, are there 4 movies ?.
2, do they need to be watched in order ?.
3, which ones are 3D Blu Ray ?, (not anaglyph).
4, where is the cheapest place to purchase them ? ( I’m in the UK). Links would be useful.
Thank you .

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Maybe that was your your display ?, I’ve heard the 3D has massive pop out though.
It's something. mine has crosstalk all the time but the spykids/lava is the worst in my collection. I spend a long time adjusting it. I was wondering if the delicate color controls they tell you not to touch without a device would fix this problem.. when the 3D works it's jaw dropping and gasps.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I think we all know that, (mine is”Dial M For Murder”), but it doesn’t hurt to point out ones that some systems have difficulty with.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I haven't see Dial M in 3D yet. I'll take a look sometime soon. I was worried about It Came from Outer Space and it played pretty pretty well. A few moments but mostly it was just amazing. Stuff like Epic, Gravity, Wizard of Oz, Roadwarrior many many others are just jaw drops. with only a few moments. I don't think I remember too much of Epic having anything off. I couldn't believe while watching Epic in 3D that the whole world wouldn't want to see more like that one.

Oh! wasn't worried it might all be because of my eyes! Crosstalk gradually goes away the more I watch, most times. I also adjust the 3D optimize either 2 or 1 and it changes the color of the cross talk. I wish it had AI to do that on the flies. imagine that... AI could tell if the picture was off because of unnatural colors around things. If I've watched a bit I sometime kind of notice the CT and just move the Opt. I know adjusting color greatly reduced. have always wondered if a pro could remove 95% + of it.

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I haven't see Dial M in 3D yet. I'll take a look sometime soon. I was worried about It Came from Outer Space and it played pretty pretty well. A few moments but mostly it was just amazing. Stuff like Epic, Gravity, Wizard of Oz, Roadwarrior many many others are just jaw drops. with only a few moments. I don't think I remember too much of Epic having anything off. I couldn't believe while watching Epic in 3D that the whole world wouldn't want to see more like that one.

Oh! wasn't worried it might all be because of my eyes! Crosstalk gradually goes away the more I watch, most times. I also adjust the 3D optimize either 2 or 1 and it changes the color of the cross talk. I wish it had AI to do that on the flies. imagine that... AI could tell if the picture was off because of unnatural colors around things. If I've watched a bit I sometime kind of notice the CT and just move the Opt. I know adjusting color greatly reduced. have always wondered if a pro could remove 95% + of it.
What display do you have?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks