What's new

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Watched 3D versions of "XXX: Return of Xander Cage" and "Nut Job" this weekend.

"Return" mostly offers depth, but it's pretty good depth.

"Nut" is the more active of the 2 and a fun 3D presentation.

Too bad they're both crummy movies!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I received my Dumbo 3D (with slipcover) from Amazon UK last week. Life is getting in the way right now, but I hope to watch it soon.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Enjoyable with that Tim Burton twist. Still had to turn the audio up. :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

upload_2019-9-10_23-11-29.jpeg

Very good extras on the BD.

NOTE: Did anyone notice Colin's red jacket flaring into the dark areas around it?

Last edited:

vinnie7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Vince
I make a habit of peering at the local theater title list when driving by. It's not a 3D theater per se', but it does give me an idea as to which popular movies are still receiving the 3D treatment. Anecdotally speaking, the only film showing now that has seen a conversion is Lion King. Is it as bleak as it seems? I actually think we've gotten years more of releases than we should've expected given the outright industry abandonment.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I make a habit of peering at the local theater title list when driving by. It's not a 3D theater per se', but it does give me an idea as to which popular movies are still receiving the 3D treatment. Anecdotally speaking, the only film showing now that has seen a conversion is Lion King. Is it as bleak as it seems? I actually think we've gotten years more of releases than we should've expected given the outright industry abandonment.
This is, without question, the longest period of mainstream 3D in history. I calculate it at this point as 12 years from mainstream penetration when small cities adopted digital projection and 3D, with my definition of small city being 50-75,000 people. By comparison, the 50s heyday of 3D lasted about 3 years, and about the same for the 80s 3D period. This doesn't include IMAX 3D, or the early development of single-strip 3D.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
This is, without question, the longest period of mainstream 3D in history. I calculate it at this point as 12 years from mainstream penetration when small cities adopted digital projection and 3D, with my definition of small city being 50-75,000 people. By comparison, the 50s heyday of 3D lasted about 3 years, and about the same for the 80s 3D period. This doesn't include IMAX 3D, or the early development of single-strip 3D.
And yet, I am in mourning for 3D.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Not if you choose Media Mail at checkout. I just placed a couple obscene orders at SAE and TT to fill in a lot of titles that
Just seen a copy on amazon for not much money, Italian / German import.

German Harlock doesn't have English Audio -- not sure of subtitles

The Dutch item 8711983101654 appears to be listed with English Audio at least (can't confirm)
To the UK probably cheaper getting that one from DVDOutlet or it appears several of the Big UK Ebay sellers have it for £10-12 (Rarewaves, MusicMagpie, etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks