What's new

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Shazam is $29.96 Canadian on A.ca. ((That’s about $1.25 American ;)). That is what I paid. It is still in my “to watch” pile.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I would like to order the Amazon US version, but, I've never have gone through this much bullshit to try to cancel an order from a site on the net...ZAVVI. Spending over 50 minutes trying to chat with a rep when I'm the first in the queue, and STILL never talking to someone...PLUS...It takes forever to try to find just how to contact someone...the chat line is always OFF.

I've learned my lesson, never to buy from ZAVVI or the HUT...:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Just going to leave the order alone.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I would like to order the Amazon US version, but, I've never have gone through this much bullshit to try to cancel an order from a site on the net...ZAVVI. Spending over 50 minutes trying to chat with a rep when I'm the first in the queue, and STILL never talking to someone...PLUS...It takes forever to try to find just how to contact someone...the chat line is always OFF.

I've learned my lesson, never to buy from ZAVVI or the HUT...:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Just going to leave the order alone.

Finally got thru to Zavvi and cancelled SHAZAM 3D. Just reordered it thru Amazon. Also, ordered last week US UHD for $12.99. Then they send me an email telling me they have no idea when I would get it. So, I canceled it, spent another 2 dollars for the BD and just received.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Best Buy seems to have both Detective Pikachu and Shazam! 3D's in-store, both marked as "Only at Best Buy: Exclusive 3D Blu-Ray Combo." I bought Pikachu for $30. Shazam! was marked at $35 (all formats of Shazam! seem to be priced higher than other new releases for some reason, saw this at both Best Buy and Walmart -- maybe it's a Warner thing, The Curse of La Llorona seemed to be in the same ballpark).

But Pikachu is also Warner, so who knows.

Last edited:

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
IMG_20190810_123517.jpg
Shazam arrived this morning, 5.1 on the 3D disc and Dolby Atmos on the 2D.
It really is infuriating.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
That is Warner’s policy for 3D releases since about 2017 - frustrating as it may be, it’s business as usual for them.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That is Warner’s policy for 3D releases since about 2017 - frustrating as it may be, it’s business as usual for them.
It's one of the reasons why I stopped buying Warner 3-D releases. I've basically given up on 3-D and double-dipping. Why should I reward them by buying it in 3-D then 4K/UHD.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It's one of the reasons why I stopped buying Warner 3-D releases. I've basically given up on 3-D and double-dipping. Why should I reward them by buying it in 3-D then 4K/UHD.
If I have a 3D and a 4K disc, I’m only going to watch the 3D. I don’t buy the 4K and there’s no double dipping.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
If I have a 3D and a 4K disc, I’m only going to watch the 3D. I don’t buy the 4K and there’s no double dipping.

I do...of the films I really like anyway. It gets old paying $60-75 for two copies of the films though. 5.1 on 3D isn't too terrible to me. I'm more bothered by the non IMAX format of the 3D copies. Movies like Aquaman really benefit from it.

It could be better, but at the end of the day I'm still getting the immersion of 3D, with fairly decent sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks