What's new

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I get a kick out of the fact that Wal-Mart which stopped the stocking of any 3D movies for over two years now is once again carrying a 3D movie in store with Alita: Battle Angel.
Can't not sell a 4K title just because it has a 3D packed in. :D

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I ordered my copy of SHAZAM from Zavvi back in April, but it looks like Amazon.us is cheaper. Anyone cancel and rebuy?

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I ordered my copy of SHAZAM from Zavvi, but it looks like Amazon.us is cheaper. Anyone cancel and rebuy?
I'm sticking with my Amazon UK pre-order at £14.99 (before VAT reduction). That works out about the same as the US Amazon price, and the US version has no definite shipping date (within 1 to 2 months) despite being released 3 weeks ago. I also like the UK cover better.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I'm sticking with my Amazon UK pre-order at £14.99 (before VAT reduction). That works out about the same as the US Amazon price, and the US version has no definite shipping date (within 1 to 2 months) despite being released 3 weeks ago. I also like the UK cover better.

Just looked again at it went up to almost $60.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It ain’t cheap on Amazon except for a region B version.

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/30601797
$33shipping now -- no tax, FS

Shipping who knows when given Amazon recent records -- above 28-30 depending on your tax rate

(Strongly expected like all Sony )Region free 3D item at amazon uk is around $18 shipped

B&N has it $21-27 depending if you have a 15% coupon and can get FS (member or $35, but might make a nice combo with Thin Man or another of the Archive titles Amazon is screwing around with. Arrow reg edition of Weird Science is back in stock for 20

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
There we disagree. "Jaws 3D"? Bad movie in any dimension. "Friday the 13th 3"? Bad movie in any dimension.

3D can elevate a movie - like "Pacific Rim", which I thought worked better in 3D by a good margin - but it can't turn a truly terrible film into a good one!

But it can make a bad movie tolerable. One example is Ghostbusters. The movie was meh but the 3D was spectacular, with more frame-breaking shots than any other 3D movie I've ever seen. The director took full advantage of the format.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Why aren't you guys just buying Shazam at Best Buy? Saw bunch of copies at my local BB for $29.99.

Last edited:

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Is it my imagination, or has anyone else noticed a very slight uptick in Bluray 3D releases lately?

It does seem like that yes, my preferred 3D is Animation but there's plenty of Live action. I'm almost annoyed at some releases as I have a 4k projector yet rarely watch 4k!

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
But it can make a bad movie tolerable. One example is Ghostbusters. The movie was meh but the 3D was spectacular, with more frame-breaking shots than any other 3D movie I've ever seen. The director took full advantage of the format.

I've not yet gotten "Jaws 3D" so I can't relate to that one in 3D. Still seen some movies that were awful in 2D or 3D.

Not sure how "Ghostbusters" 2016 proves your point. You refer to it as "meh", not bad, and I agree that great 3D can make a mediocre movie entertaining. That's what I implied about "Pacific Rim" - in 2D, it's meh, but in 3D, it's more entertaining.

I really like "GB2016" in any format, though! Underrated, unfairly maligned comedy, IMO!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Why aren't you guys just buying Shazam at Best Buy? Saw bunch of copies at my local BB for $29.99.
It's cheaper through Amazon UK. My copy on order with them is $24.35, shipped. More than $5 savings, and that's before you consider state sales tax.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks