What's new

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Is Tomb Raider 3D available anywhere region free?

Amazon finally cancelled my nearly one year old order.

As far as I'm aware it's region free everywhere like most every Warner

$19 at Deep Discount for the US disc. If they have another 15% soon, then a really nice price. I'm not sure it would be cheaper anywhere esp if you can find an order of $25 to get Free Shipping.

Actually most of the 2017-2018 Warner 3D (pre- Meg) are currently $17-20

The German and Italian sets are a little cheaper, but they are 3D disc only sets and no digital if that matters directly or for selling

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My German Venom 3D set included the 2D disc, and the cartoon Spider-Man I have pre-ordered is supposed to as well.

Sure, but those are listed including both. TR is not unless you order the Steelbook which I think it OOP.

The US disc is still the best deal IMO even if you only need 3D. At worst you could off load the extra pieces for $10 at least

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Just watched in full Aquaman 3D Blu Ray. This has to be the best (non animation) 3D I have seen in a very long time. Utterly stunning depth and framing for the most part unlike I have seen before. Some scenes just had me wondering if I was still in my sitting room...

My only negative as seems the norm these days is duration which is a tad long but was very entertaining. I can hardly believe how much Aquaman looks like my Bro in his heydays, I just wish I could have shown him this a few years back before he left this world.

Anyway despite runtime this has to be the best 3D I’ve seen in a long time :thumbs-up-smiley:.

Last edited:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
517XppriegL.jpg

Very well done. You can't miss with Joe Dante...love the cameos. Plenty of depth with some pop outs. Filmed with 3D camera

Another good addition to your collection. This issue was region B locked. :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

Amazon UK has a lot of 3Ders on sale right now.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Got in a couple over the past two days, varying degrees of 3D goodness, but lackluster sound on both.

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald 3D was fantastic visually, wonderful 3D with a number of in-your-face moments. Unfortunately the 3D disc contains only a DTS HD Master Audio 5.1 mix which seemed very lacking to me.

Solo 3D wasn't that great in the 3D area. Most of the time the effect was very mild and the dark, dingy cinematography of the film itself likely didn't help. It reminded me of Blade Runner 2049 3D. Again, the soundtrack was pretty lackluster, as with many recent Disney releases. Levels seem very low, necessitating raising the volume level much higher than normal compared to other releases.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Got in a couple over the past two days, varying degrees of 3D goodness, but lackluster sound on both.

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald 3D was fantastic visually, wonderful 3D with a number of in-your-face moments. Unfortunately the 3D disc contains only a DTS HD Master Audio 5.1 mix which seemed very lacking to me.

Solo 3D wasn't that great in the 3D area. Most of the time the effect was very mild and the dark, dingy cinematography of the film itself likely didn't help. It reminded me of Blade Runner 2049 3D. Again, the soundtrack was pretty lackluster, as with many recent Disney releases. Levels seem very low, necessitating raising the volume level much higher than normal compared to other releases.

Agreed, it’s a shame we miss out on Dolby Atmos tracks and Also Disney seems to be crippling its Audio. No Atmos for Aquaman last night either but my AVR did a great job of upmixing it. It’s a shame we spend a lot time and money on our AV kit only to be then short changed.
I have to say I was gobsmacked how good the 3D looked for the most part with Aquaman!.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Guys, is Sammys adventures A turtles tale 3D BD available as Region A or region free ?. I’m asking on behalf of somebody in the USA who is looking.
Thanks.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Guys, is Sammys adventures A turtles tale 3D BD available as Region A or region free ?. I’m asking on behalf of somebody in the USA who is looking.
Thanks.

I'm not aware of a Region Free version

There is a Region A Hong Kong (yesasia for around $21 or dddhouse for ??$15 shipped) and Korean edition (kimchidvd -- ? $40).
https://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_details.php?ProductID=12014
https://www.yesasia.com/global/samm...2d-version-hong/1024542675-0-0-0-en/info.html

https://kimchidvd.com/en/18594/v.kimchi?searchCnd=eng_title&searchWrd=sammy's adventure

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
I'm not aware of a Region Free version

There is a Region A Hong Kong (yesasia for around $21 or dddhouse for ??$15 shipped) and Korean edition (kimchidvd -- ? $40).
https://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_details.php?ProductID=12014
https://www.yesasia.com/global/samm...2d-version-hong/1024542675-0-0-0-en/info.html

https://kimchidvd.com/en/18594/v.kimchi?searchCnd=eng_title&searchWrd=sammy's adventure

Thanks for that, I’ve passed on the links to him, I should probably link him to this website for future reference.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
So my pre orders so far,

Alita battle angel
Mortal engines
Shazam
Dumbo
Ralph break's the internet
How to train your dragon 3
Captain Marvel
Spiderman into the spider verse.

Are there any I'm missing ?.

Jimbo64

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim Potter
So my pre orders so far,

Alita battle angel
Mortal engines
Shazam
Dumbo
Ralph break's the internet
How to train your dragon 3
Captain Marvel
Spiderman into the spider verse.

Are there any I'm missing ?.
Where are you getting Ralph Breaks the Internet?

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Does anyone know if Boss Baby 3D UK version works in region A? I noticed it says Region b/2 but someone put on blu-ray.com that it is region A/B. it's priced pretty good on amazon uk and I wanted to get it.

I did order Despicable Me 3D Uk and waiting for it to arrived. It also says region b/2 but I read more comments that say it is region free.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If it's a major studio blu release, it's most likely all region. The only exceptions in recent years that I'm aware of are Disney's Ratatouille and Fox's Kung Fu Panda 3 which are Region B locked.

Amazon UK is always going to default to Region B in their specs regardless of whether it's true or not since they are located in that region and the releases are within that region. Sometimes the specs are updated later, sometimes not.

Looking at the back is sometimes helpful, but not all studios put region coding on their labels (such as Universal). I'd check a web site like DVD Compare or similar to find more detail.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Boss Baby is Dreamworks/Fox in the UK, but probably is be Region A+B despite the back cover only having a B symbol (US is A+B but labelled as A). I would feel better if there was more than one confirmation on this or if the poster who left the region coding was a regular, but that screen name has zero posts. I'll try to dig up some other information

Hamilton Books clearanced a bunch of these a few months ago for $5, but it's no longer there. I know Big Lots had a bunch of Dreamworks 3D titles for $3-5, but I never heard of Boss Baby hitting their stores.

Fox is always a question and seems about 50/50 with their releases..

I know John Sparks ordered the disc from UK, but I can't see if he ever mentioned watching it.

PanMan40 has mentioned his UK disc a couple times, but I'm not sure he ever mentioned trying it as Region A

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks