What's new

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I watched Grindewald in 3D last night, while the conversion wasn't as good as the one for the first fantastic beasts, it was still pretty close. The opening escape sequence was like a roller coaster ride.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I';m assuming $42 is with shipping ($45 for me with tax). Luckily WBShop isn't a common place to order from for that very reason. I'm not really sure why anyone ever orders from WBShop except for 4/44 WAC sales

It's $30 +tax at a lot of local Best Buy. FS is much easier with BBY. Fairly easy to get FS
$32 with FS and no tax at Bullmoose
$29+tax and FS at DD (qualifies for 10% off with certain Buy 3 combinations)

It was actually as low as $23 yesterday at FYE Pi Day Sale. I would have posted the sale, but I didn't find it until about an hour before it ended

Last edited:

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I';m assuming $42 is with shipping ($45 for me with tax). Luckily WBShop isn't a common place to order from for that very reason. I'm not really sure why anyone ever orders from WBShop except for 4/44 WAC sales

It's $30 +tax at a lot of local Best Buy. FS is much easier with BBY. Fairly easy to get FS
$32 with FS and no tax at Bullmoose
$29+tax and FS at DD (qualifies for 10% off with certain Buy 3 combinations)

It was actually as low as $23 yesterday at FYE Pi Day Sale. I would have posted the sale, but I didn't find it until about an hour before it ended
https://www.amazon.ca/Fantastic-Bea...&s=gateway&sprefix=the+crimes&sr=8-2-fkmrnull

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
$19.99 4K
$31.45 3D

I guess there selling a lot at $19.99. I can wait for the 3D version to come down in price.
That first link Terry posted goes to US Amazon for the first film.

His second link goes to the Canadian Amazon page for Crimes of Grindelwald. Current price for 3D is CA$ 29.99, which converts to approx US$ 22.50 (plus shipping).

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Sure, there are plenty of $30 choices out there ( CA item is $30USD shipped to the US).

$25 shipped from AmazonUK and it comes with the Extended Cut on disc rather than Digital only
For now the CA digital is easy enough to workaround or sell for most. I haven't tried a UK digital is a while and am not sure if the
VPN methods still work.

OTOH -- Warner has been pretty easy to work with to get them to replace teh International code with a US code.

Some folks hate the bilingual covers from CA though at least it has a slipcover, some hate logos.
I probably would have gottne the CA item if Best Buy hadn't had an Exclusive since I still like the Slipcovers, but for now any US retailer that wants to have an equivalent product has my support Amazon's ridiculous $45 stripped down exclusive option excepted of course or even worse their $55 Aquaman 3D

Last edited:

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
We just finished watching the Grinch.

I thought I was going to dislike this movie but myself and my wife really enjoyed it, infact in our opinion it was better than the original Grinch.

The 3D was Bright, amazingly colourful, excellent depth with a few good pop out moments. Typical illuminations style!.

The not so good was 3 brief occasions of eye strain in the first half, I can’t say if this was at the source or a fault of my player or glasses. I watched it on my ub820 where I had freeze issues with the last disc ‘the nut job 2’, there were no freeze ups but it was like one lens of my glasses stopped working or the 3D sync was reversed ?, it only lasted seconds but was uncomfortable on the eyes. My wife noticed it only once.

Any of you guys watched this yet and might have noticed a couple of brief uncomfortable moments not normally associated with 3D ?.

One other thing, Bass.. or the lack of it, why are enthusiasts continually fobbed off?, bloody studios catering for tv speakers or sound bars :angry:, seems we need to invest in a mini DSP and download files to reinstate the missing bass from Blu Ray/3D blu Ray an 4k uhd that we pay so much money for

Last edited:

vinnie7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Vince
Insufferable ?, jeez I hope it’s not!. Nut job imo is better than nut job 2.
I may have to revisit Grindewald, but I just couldn't insert myself into the seriousness of the story they were portraying. NJ2 was a more enjoyable viewing (it's a region B, however, with no English subs for those who care).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Last night was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D. Have to admit, I had no interest in this film when it was in theaters, but found the 3D blu-ray used and cheap at some point. I was pleasantly surprised. If you can buy into the concept of ninja turtle teenagers being mentored by a giant rat, the film works pretty well as a popcorn action flick. I thought the 3D was quite good, especially in the second half of the film when the action really ramps up. Also included a couple "outside the frame" moments.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Malcolm, check out the second Ninja Turtles 3D movie - I forget what the exact title was. I thought it was, overall, a better film than the first entry, and the 3D was very enjoyable on that one.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Have any of you pre ordered the Grinch ?. If so I would be grateful when you watch it if you can keep an eye out for any brief moments of discomfort, I'm not sure if it's my player or my glasses.

Thank you .

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Have any of you pre ordered the Grinch ?. If so I would be grateful when you watch it if you can keep an eye out for any brief moments of discomfort, I'm not sure if it's my player or my glasses.

Thank you .
There is a brief scene that has the L & R images reversed.
It starts around time code: 00:48:43
IMG_1323.jpg

The back Christmas tree looks like it is in front of the Santa cookie.
Perfect for a cookie pop-out scene unfortunately ruined.:(

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
There is a brief scene that has the L & R images reversed.
It starts around time code: 00:48:43
View attachment 56538

The back Christmas tree looks like it is in front of the Santa cookie.
Thanks Paul, how did you find that out ?, There were 3 possibly 4 instances where something was off, I didn't take time stamps as I was enjoying the film!.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
how did you find that out ?, There were 3 possibly 4 instances where something was off, I didn't take time stamps as I was enjoying the film!.
It was the perfect moment for a 3D thrill that backfired.:wacko: Expecting 3D nirvana bliss and getting punched!
3D enthusiast ryanmcv reported:
I actually noticed this a handful of times throughout the movie... glad it's not just me. I think it happens again at some point during the young Grinch flashback. Thought there was something wrong with my eyes at first.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Disappointing, but unlikely to be fixed. It's almost like the studios are purposely trying to sabotage the few 3D releases that are put out these days so those still enjoying the format will simply give it up in frustration. I have the Grinch 3D but have not watched it (was going to save it until next holiday season).

Plus, this is another Universal release, isn't it? They also messed up Revenge of the Creature 3D last fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks