What's new

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I also saw this in IMAX 3D, and I had to turn my head a few times because my acrophobia was really being tested. Amazing post-conversion, with better 3D than most native-shot films. I have the 3D Blu-ray, which still looks great, but of course just doesn't quite duplicate the image on a massive screen than envelopes ones peripheral vision.

I saw it also in Imax at the LA Chinese Theatre with their 90ft wide screen. Saw it again at one of the studios on our last HTF meet but it wasn't the same on a smaller screen.

ChineseTheater.jpg

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
I received my copy of Thunder and the House of Magic. While I won't have a chance to watch the complete movie right away due to a backlog, I did pop it in just to sample the 3D. When it comes to 3D effects, these French (or is it Belgian?) animators put Pixar to shame! Lots and lots of forward projection and great use of depth. It really seems that modern American movies don't even want you to notice the 3D effect at all, lest you be distracted from the story or something.
Agreed! The dramatic difference is phenomenal.
For years 3D enthusiasts have been dumbfounded about the blindlessness and methodology of the U.S. 3D studio practices.:eek:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I'd had HOUSE OF MAGIC sitting on my shelf for ages, but hadn't watched it. This thread got me off my ass just two hours ago, and I had a great time with it! Delightful, fun film with stupendous 3D (Including lots of spectacular pop-out, sorta like that in A TURTLE'S TALE and MADAGASCAR 3). Highly recommended for 3D addicts!

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
I'd had HOUSE OF MAGIC sitting on my shelf for ages, but hadn't watched it. This thread got me off my ass just two hours ago, and I had a great time with it! Delightful, fun film with stupendous 3D (Including lots of spectacular pop-out, sorta like that in A TURTLE'S TALE and MADAGASCAR 3). Highly recommended for 3D addicts!
Glad we were of assistance :D, next up from nWave is ‘The Queens Corgis’. I’m hoping it’s fun watch with awesome 3D :)

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
OMG...

I've watched 'Final Destination 4 in 3D a few times in the past on 3D TVs and I think my Epson projector and always found it a very hard watch in regards the 3D and also motion.
We love these films and over a few Saturday evenings have watched them in sequence in 2d on blu ray, great entertainment!.

So tonight I said to my wife let's try again the fourth movie in 3D on the JVC projector. I reminded her it was a difficult watch at times but that was fine.

Wow.. what a surprise!, This is probably the most fun exciting 3D watch in a while !, It was weird as before I can remember some odd 3D perspective and some ghosting, coupled with hectic motion at times but not this time. Ok a few shots look a little ' cardboard cutout' but overall I felt as if I could get up and step right into the screen!.

Highly recommended from me :).

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Martin, well, I refuse to buy that damn movie again. The last time was the BD that used paper glasses...gotta take the time to read it.

What I watched today was from 3D Classics...THE THREE STOOGES IN 3D, and I found it quite enjoyable, The colorizing was fine and the 3D was about as good as some of the newer movies that are out. :thumbsup::thumbsup: :3dglasses:

Since I enjoyed it so much, I'll be waiting for the other two to come down in price.

EDIT: Just ordered the other two...THE BEST OF THE LITTLE RASCALS and MARCH OF THE WOODEN SOLDIERS (Laurel & Hardy)

Last edited:

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Martin, well, I refuse to buy that damn movie again. The last time was the BD that used paper glasses...gotta take the time to read it.

What I watched today was from 3D Classics...THE THREE STOOGES IN 3D, and I found it quite enjoyable, The colorizing was fine and the 3D was about as good as some of the newer movies that are out. :thumbsup::thumbsup: :3dglasses:

Since I enjoyed it so much, I'll be waiting for the other two to come down in price.

EDIT: Just ordered the other two...THE BEST OF THE LITTLE RASCALS and MARCH OF THE WOODEN SOLDIERS (Laurel & Hardy)

I’ve never been able to see Anaglyph 3D with those cardboard glasses John, if you see it cheep at Amazon.de or the like I do recommend it though.

Glad the three stooges worked out ok, something to look into.

Martin,

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Rewatched the first two How to Train Your Dragon films over the last two nights for the first time in 3D. I've always loved these films, and they're even more breathtaking in 3D. Can't wait for the third film which I'll probably have to see in theaters in 3D, headache be damned.
Just did the same thing over the weekend.

Terrific films and awesome 3D. Can’t wait to see the new one.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Last night was The Meg 3D. Mostly just some nice depth until the climax, then there were a couple of startling moments with items flying toward you. Another nice Warner 3D presentation.

Also ordered Kung Fu Panda 3 in 3D this weekend. I believe I now have all the Dreamworks Animation 3D catalog releases.

Last edited:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
THUNDER AND THE HOUSE OF MAGIC. So far, the best 3D I have seen outside of the classics. Just to add that if it's not in your collection, it should be. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :3dglasses:
Last night was The Meg 3D. Mostly just some nice depth until the climax, then there were a couple of startling moments with items flying toward you. Another nice Warner 3D presentation.

Also ordered Kung Fu Panda 3 in 3D this weekend. I believe I now have all the Dreamworks Animation 3D catalog releases.

I have 1 and 3, hope to soon add 2 to my collection. :3dglasses:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Just went to order my 3D copy of ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL, but it was sold out from The Hut and Zavvi.

Is it being sold from anyone else and not eBay?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks