What's new

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Looked it up and this is the one I thought it was. It’s a sequel to JTTCOTE with Brendan Fraser. It’s a pale follow up to the first movie and no amount of 3D could save it for me, but YMMV.

I actually preferred the sequel to the original, but neither one does much for me...

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Just went thru all the 3D films offered through Bluray.com for the USA, Canada, Germany and the UK. I came up with 25, and the first one is: GRINDHOUSE DOUBLE FEATURE VOL.1: BLOODY SISTERS and BLOODY TEASE (new).

If my offer ($12.50 f/s) is accepted, then I should get it within a week and I'll tell about it.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Just went thru all the 3D films offered through Bluray.com for the USA, Canada, Germany and the UK. I came up with 25, and the first one is: GRINDHOUSE DOUBLE FEATURE VOL.1: BLOODY SISTERS and BLOODY TEASE (new).

If my offer ($12.50 f/s) is accepted, then I should get it within a week and I'll tell about it.
Are you saying you can make an offer on Bluray dot com? How do you do that?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
No Bumblebee in 3D on BD. This is bad.

That follows on their refusal to release Mission: Impossible - Fallout on 3D Blu-ray anywhere in the world. Paramount seems to be done with this format entirely. I predict that either Sony or Disney will be next. Sony has withdrawn 3D support from the UK, and popular titles like Venom are coming out in 3D only in Germany and India, with less popular titles not coming out on 3D discs at all.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
That follows on their refusal to release Mission: Impossible - Fallout on 3D Blu-ray anywhere in the world. Paramount seems to be done with this format entirely. I predict that either Sony or Disney will be next. Sony has withdrawn 3D support from the UK, and popular titles like Venom are coming out in 3D only in Germany and India, with less popular titles not coming out on 3D discs at all.
I think Disney may already be there. None of their current releases that were in theaters in 3D (Ralph 2, Nutcracker) seem to have 3D pre-orders in the usual places. It remains to be seen if they'll continue to support Marvel films with 3D.

Not sure about Sony, but I don't find any 3D preorders for Spider-Verse, either.

We may be down to Universal (upcoming 3D's for The Grinch and Mortal Engines) and Warner (upcoming 3D's for Fantastic Beasts 2 and Aquaman), and a few boutique releases.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think Disney may already be there. None of their current releases that were in theaters in 3D (Ralph 2, Nutcracker) seem to have 3D pre-orders in the usual places. It remains to be seen if they'll continue to support Marvel films with 3D.

Yeah, I think you’re right, unfortunately. I’m hoping that the Marvel and Lucasfilm titles might last for another year but I’m not overly optimistic.

I did find a German preorder for Sony’s Spider-verse:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B07KZBRYM3/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&psc=1

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Wreck it Ralph 2, and Nutcracker underperformed theatrically so it's hard to gauge where Disney is on 3D home video. They could have skipped them because they didn't do well...but Solo did too, and that got a 3D release on disc.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
I’m going to be very sad if Disney really are done with 3D, most of my 3D collection is animation and imo it best suits 3D, I have bypassed a few non animated 3D titles in favour of the uhd 4K version or plain Blu Ray but not many.

I think there’s some Disney 3D I don’t have, I will have to check up and report back, no doubt some of the more knowledgeable on here can flag up any i maybe missing.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I never saw SUICIDE SQUAD at the theatre, but bought it when released on BD and enjoyed the hell out of it. Double dipped for the 3D version and am very satisfied...excellent 3D. From beginning to end it was great. Too bad the Atmos wasn't on it, just the BD , but the 7.1 was still good. It gave my audio system a real workout. :thumbsup::thumbsup: :3dglasses:

I have MALEFICENT for tomorrow.

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
I'm still watching SANGAREE 3D it has been so popular here and can boast 20 screenings to family, friends and film nuts.

As far as trying to see 3D at our UK surrounding cinemas its near impossible often with just 1 late screening taking place. I've had lengthy chats with cinema managers and they all tell the same story they can only show 3D if they are sent it to screen.
Home 3D shows are the way to go and support what comes thru on Blu-Ray especially the fantastic real 3D work of 3D Film Archive.

Was so disappointed Transylvania 3 didn't get a 3D BR release but at least we did get to the 1 3D show it had at the cinema.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks