What's new

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
We watched Tomb Raider 3D a couple nights ago. Nothing special in the 3D area (except maybe the scene on the wrecked plane on the waterfall), but not a bad film.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Just received my copy of CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON: COMPLETE LEGACY COLL. BD from Family Video for $26 w/free shipping. It has the numbers 00022 located in the top right corner of the bar code.

THE CREATURE 3D looks the same as the original, and REVENGE looks fantastic. Nice to finally get to see it in its OAR. Then again, the SD in 1.37:1 looks damn good upscaled to 4K. It's also nice to see TCWAU in it's OAR and the BD is quite nice. Same as above for the SD.

The 3D was great all the way through it. THANK YOU 3D FILM ARCHIVE FOR THIS LONG AWAITED FILM!!!

Anyway, I was tired of waiting for Amazon and I'm very happy that it's now in my collection. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :dance::3dglasses:

I edited this because the film played fine on my 3D Mitsubishi 65738. Passive vs Active?

Last edited:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
When I first bought CAPTAIN AMERICA: WINTER SOLDIER, I really liked it and now, after watching it again in 3D, even more.

Very good 3D, not a home run, but enjoyable. :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME PECULIAR CHILDREN is an odd sort of movie, all fantasy. A true Tim Burton kind of movie. How was the 3D you ask, very, very well done. Plenty of depth through and many scenes hovering right in front of you.

A great addition to your collecting. :thumbsup::thumbsup: :3dglasses:

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom $13.99 at Best Buy if you pick up at the store.

bb.jpg

Last edited:

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Watched Antman and the Wasp today, nice enough film but could of been much better, 7.1 audio a bit lacking especially LFE. The 3D was great in parts with some pop and good depth but a few close ups of faces seemed a bit ‘cardboard cutout ‘ and flat looking.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
When I first bought CAPTAIN AMERICA:CIVIL WAR, I really liked it and now, after watching it again in 3D, even more.

Very good 3D, not a home run, but enjoyable. :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I hadn't watched a 3D movie in awhile, so I unwrapped The Darkest Hour and watched it this afternoon. Pretty fair sci-fi thriller, and the 3D was very good with some quick pop-outs flung at the viewer and excellent separation.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
I hadn't watched a 3D movie in awhile, so I unwrapped The Darkest Hour and watched it this afternoon. Pretty fair sci-fi thriller, and the 3D was very good with some quick pop-outs flung at the viewer and excellent separation.

I still haven’t gotten around to watching this yet, are the images fairly dark overall ?.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I've enjoyed fantasy films since I was a child and I saw this when it was first released on BD. Just watched it again and it was great as before. 3D was excellent, so was depth and plenty of pop outs to keep your head a bobbin'.

The color photography was beautiful, and so were the underwater scenes. All the actors were great and I really like the Rock.

So, what is this gem, you ask? Well it's JOURNEY 2: THE MYSTERIOUS ISLAND! A real quick and enjoyable 1 1/2 hours. :thumbsup::thumbsup: :3dglasses:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I've enjoyed fantasy films since I was a child and I saw this when it was first released on BD. Just watched it again and it was great as before. 3D was excellent, so was depth and plenty of pop outs to keep your head a bobbin'.

The color photography was beautiful, and so were the underwater scenes. All the actors were great and I really like the Rock.

So, what is this gem, you ask? Well it's JOURNEY 2: THE MYSTERIOUS ISLAND! A real quick and enjoyable 1 1/2 hours. :thumbsup::thumbsup: :3dglasses:
This is the one with Michael Caine? John, I have to respectfully disagree and say this movie is a real stinker. I can’t remember if I’ve seen it in 3D, but it will still be a real stinker, IMHO. BTW, I like the Rock.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
This is the one with Michael Caine? John, I have to respectfully disagree and say this movie is a real stinker. I can’t remember if I’ve seen it in 3D, but it will still be a real stinker, IMHO. BTW, I like the Rock.

I have no actual memory of "Journey 2" but according to my review "it throws some decent action and adventure at us but lacks the inspiration to rise to a higher level."

That's 2D - never saw it 3D...

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I have no actual memory of "Journey 2" but according to my review "it throws some decent action and adventure at us but lacks the inspiration to rise to a higher level."

That's 2D - never saw it 3D...
Looked it up and this is the one I thought it was. It’s a sequel to JTTCOTE with Brendan Fraser. It’s a pale follow up to the first movie and no amount of 3D could save it for me, but YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks