1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

3D HTF TOP 30 MUST OWN 3D TITLES

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Dec 12, 2010.

1. John Sparks

John Sparks Cinematographer

John Sparks
    Just received SKYSCRAPPER. Can't wait to view it. :3dglasses:

2. Tino

Tino Executive Producer
    Supporter

Valentino
    As opposed to SkySCRAPER which is not as scrappy and more non-combative. :D

3. Message #8263 of 8374 Nov 8, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    Panman40

Panman40 Screenwriter

Martin Campbell
    I'm looking forward to The Incerdibles (Incredibles) 2 which will be with me on Monday.

Johnny Angell likes this.
  4. John Sparks

John Sparks
    I read over your post at least 5 times before I finally understood what you meant...:blink:

Johnny Angell and Tino like this.
  5. Tino

Tino Executive Producer
    Supporter

Valentino
    As opposed to the InCREDIBLES 2 which is not as invasive and twice as believable. :P

You guys are killing me!:laugh:

Johnny Angell likes this.
  6. Panman40

Panman40 Screenwriter

Martin Campbell
    2 words

iPad spellcheck :D

Bryan^H likes this.
  7. Panman40

Panman40 Screenwriter

Martin Campbell
    Just like the UK 3D thread it seems very quiet here, no doubt due to being in a very small minority for the format.

Just watched Jurassic Park 'Fallen kingdom', we very much enjoyed the film as we have all of them.

From reading reviews and comments on the 3D I was not holding out much hope but after a few chapters I was hooked on the story and the 3D just backed up our enjoyment.

Roll on the next Jurassic park instalment !.

8. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Watched Pixar's Coco in 3D last night. Kind of disappointing. Pixar has not seemed to embrace 3D as much as Dreamworks and Illumination.

9. Tino

Tino Executive Producer
    Supporter

Valentino
    I enjoyed both the film and the 3D..which looked great on my OLED.

Stephen_J_H likes this.
  10. Panman40

Panman40 Screenwriter

Martin Campbell
    Myself and the wife did not enjoy this first time out, a few months later and boom... It was like a different story and the 3D seemed massively improved also ??.
    Dreamworks 3D is in a different league, I have high hopes for Disneys 'The nutcracker and the four realm's.

Mike Ballew likes this.
  11. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Producer

I recently watched "Inside Out". Love the depth in the 3D. Even though the film is sweet, and funny, there are elements in the story that are unbearably sad. Right up there with Toy Story 2 "when she loved me" scene.

Brutal

Johnny Angell and TravisR like this.
  12. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    I enjoyed the film OK, though I think I liked Fox's somewhat similar The Book of Life (also available in 3D) better. Depth in the Coco 3D was nice, but Pixar doesn't embrace the "off the screen" options like other animators.

I did wish someone would take a shoe and beat down the grandmother in Coco. What a hateful bitch.

13. John Sparks

John Sparks
    Going to go watch SKYSCRAPER in the home theater...and it was awesome. A perfect popcorn movie with excellent 3D. Being a firefighter for 31 years, some of the shots made my ass pucker, they were done that well.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: :3dglasses:

...and THE MEG is on the way!

Panman40, Josh Steinberg and Tino like this.
  14. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Producer

WTF????

All 4 pair of my active 3D glasses no longer hold a charge. I have had them, and treated them properly since 2015. Shit, is this something I'm going to have to worry about? No way to future proof myself, being that most likely active glasses for a DLP will cease production a few years down the road.

I

15. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    All rechargable batteries lose their potency eventually, but that seems fast. I have an Epson projector from 2014 and those rechargable glasses are still working fine for me.

But I had gotten concerned about that rechargable battery becoming an issue, so I also picked up a couple pairs of Samsung active glasses which are compatible with my Epson, signicantly cheaper, and take a watch battery. So I’ll always have those at least.

You might want to reach out to the manufacturer to see if they’d be willing to swap them for you. Can’t hurt to ask. If there’s an electronics shop near you, the kind that does battery replacements on iPhones and that sorta thing, it’s worth checking to see if they could take a shot at your glasses. With the right tools, it’s probably pretty straightforward to replace the battery.

16. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Producer

It would be different If I could simply pop in new batteries, but my glasses I believe are soldered in making it near impossible to switch them out, the time consumption alone wouldn't be worth it to me.

I guess my next step is to find active glasses that have batteries that are easily accessible, and easy to switch out, like the ones you mention Josh. I'm really upset that my 3 year old glasses are dead. They should have lasted much longer than this.

17. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    I agree, Bryan, I think they should last longer. If you’ve got a moment, my suggestion would be to type out a good old fashioned snail mail letter and send it to the CEO of the company that made your equipment. In my experience, most big companies have a secret level of customer service that’s empowered to go beyond what the regular customer service people can do. Just be polite, share your enthusiasm for 3D and your projector, and your disappointment that you can’t use your 3D glasses anymore. Wouldn’t hurt to mention that 3D was your reason for buying that projector in the first place. That may do the trick - it has for me in the past.

I’m sorry if I was unclear about the battery replacement suggestion - I agree it would likely be a pain in the ass to do it yourself. But I wouldn’t be surprised if an electronics shop that specializes in things like iPhone battery replacements could do it there quickly and cheaply given that they already have the tools for that kind of job. Can’t hurt to ask.

And yeah, if you can find a compatible pair of glasses that has a user replaceable battery, it’s probably worth grabbing at least one set of those and saving them as your backup.

Bryan^H likes this.
  18. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Producer

Thanks for the advice Josh. I will most likely surely write the company a letter explaining how long I have had the glasses, and the approximate time usage. I hope to hear back from them.

Josh Steinberg likes this.
  19. TJPC

TJPC Cinematographer

Terry Carroll
    This is a great website if you are going through life and are just too happy!

Since joining this company, first I found out that 3D TVs are not being made any more and I have to worry about mine eventually breaking down. Then I discovered that all my Warner DVDs might be shit! Next I discovered that IMAX is no longer showing many movies in 3D, and now I discover that my 3D active glasses might stop working!

I may have been happier with my head in the sand! You guys are a barrel of laughs!

:P :D :rock:.

20. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

I don't know what the designers were thinking when they made glasses with irreplaceable batteries. The ones for my Sharp TV which I've since sold had instructions saying to basically remove the batteries when they won't charge anymore- and then DISPOSE of the glasses! Even if you could find new ones to replace them, that still seems very wasteful.

Part of the reason why I replaced that TV with a 4K passive one (so no resolution loss) and stocked up on glasses to last a lifetime, and it'll be the last TV I ever buy if no future ones can display 3D. I would like to get a projector when I live in a place where one can easily be set up.

Bryan^H likes this.