What's new

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
After giving out a ton of candy, we decided to sit down and watch JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM and we had one great viewing experience.

It was quite a roller coaster ride fun film, just as good as the last one with great 3D plus a audio bonus of DTS-X.

Hopefully will get to INFINITY WAR and SOLO sometime this week. :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
Very helpful on here.

Mr Cameron does seem keen on 3D so hats off to him. Terminator 6 is muted to follow on from T2 all rather exciting for fans.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If you're OK with scary movies, Fright Night (2011) in 3D is fun. From my summary in the Scary Movie challenge thread:

3D is awesome on this. A number of things come flying right at you including lots of blood spatter and other viscera and ash anytime a vampire expires. You might want to wear a poncho, since every time it happens you'll think you got some on you. :3dglasses:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
If you're OK with scary movies, Fright Night (2011) in 3D is fun. From my summary in the Scary Movie challenge thread:

3D is awesome on this. A number of things come flying right at you including lots of blood spatter and other viscera and ash anytime a vampire expires. You might want to wear a poncho, since every time it happens you'll think you got some on you. :3dglasses:
I remember the 3D being very dark. Perhaps it would be better on my OLED.

But I HATED the film. I Thought it was one of the worst remakes ever.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
But I HATED the film. I Thought it was one of the worst remakes ever.
The original is still one of my favorite films, but I seem to enjoy this remake more with each viewing (or maybe it's just the 3D talking). I think this was my third viewing. Once you stop comparing it to the original film, and just accept this film for what it is, it seems better IMO. I don't think I would have treated the Peter Vincent character like they did in this film. But they wanted something more modern that fit with the Las Vegas setting, I guess.

At the least, I still enjoy the desert chase scene and the cameo by Chris Sarandon. ;)

LeeBob

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lee Solheim
Hopefully will get to INFINITY WAR and SOLO sometime this week. :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

I enjoyed SOLO, but found the 3D to be a bit underwhelming compared to Force Awakens and Rogue One. That being said, I will still choose 3D over 2D next time I re-watch it. I have not yet popped in my 3D version of Infinity War yet, but I have really enjoyed the 3D versions of the Marvel films to date so have high hopes.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
PENQUINS OF MADAGASCAR, I really liked this animated film. Great 3D and a funny movie...can't ask for anymore than that. :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

Going to get HOME, the trailer at the beginning, that looks good too.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I enjoyed SOLO, but found the 3D to be a bit underwhelming compared to Force Awakens and Rogue One. That being said, I will still choose 3D over 2D next time I re-watch it. I have not yet popped in my 3D version of Infinity War yet, but I have really enjoyed the 3D versions of the Marvel films to date so have high hopes.

I agree LeeBob that both ROGUE ONE and AWAKENS were underwhelming. I'm sure SOLO will be the same.

:3dglasses:

Doug Pyle

Second Unit
Real Name
Doug
A few pages back someone recommended The Extravagant Voyage of the Prodigious T.S. Spivet as it was filmed intended for 3D. It turned out to be an interesting endeavor finding a version to purchase for viewing in USA. Not only is it hard to find it here, but apparently the director and the US studio had a dispute over some expletives and whether it should be edited for American young audiences' ears, adding to the usual discrepancies between European vs American availablity of 3D releases.

Long story short, after searching far and wide, I found a 5-disk special edition (region B) at French amazon.fr (see link below) at slightly less US dollars after conversion and shipping than a 1-disk Hong Kong version (region A) that is available in limited supply from 3rd party sources at Amazon US. I'm so glad I got that inexpensive external Oppo region-free mod! I'm awaiting slow shipping but looking forward to hopefully the unedited version in the 5-disk set. Also a bit adventurous for me as I had only ordered from UK until now, but if anyone is interested in the French 3D special edition 5-disk version, and can play Region B disks, try the link. When it arrives, I'll post my impressions of the 5-disk special edition.

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/aw/d/B00G251WYK/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I have that French set and the 3D disc is great! I haven’t watched any of the bonuses but I was extremely pleased with the quality of the 3D presentation and I thought the movie itself was slightly weird and unusually poignant (both meant as compliments).

Doug Pyle

Second Unit
Real Name
Doug
Thanks Josh that's reassuring - I'm looking forward to "slightly weird and unusually poignant" as that's what I'd expect of director Jeunet (known for Amelie). I haven't seen the film yet; intrigued though by the talent involved in this overlooked title (overlooked by me, at least, until now).

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Mailman just delivered MEN IN BLACK 3, hope the 3D good?

I've got to come clean in my effort to acquire 3D films and not reading up on them before purchasing...hence, getting two that are not real 3D...luckily they didn't cost much. Ordering them from Amazon UK, seeing the cheap-ass price...I just clicked on them to buy!!!

They will be a welcome addition to my sci-fi/horror collection...somewhere.

First up is SCAR. From the reverse: FOR OPTIMUM VIEWING OF 3D VERSION, LCD AND PLASMA SCREENS ARE RECOMMENDED...what does that mean???

When I first brought this up, someone here or the other forum, said not to buy it...well, I forgot. It was a DVD with paper glasses. The picture was so crappy, the glasses didn't even help...had to finish the movie so I ended up watching it in 2D. Even after that, it was a chore to finish it. Then I find out it was also released in BD, which is what I thought I had bought...crap in, crap out.

Next up is THE FINAL DESTINATION 3D. I have the BD, again, not a real 3D film. Paper glasses included.

So, the moral of the story to me is...read all reviews, especially live action movies stating they are in 3D...buyer beware!

:eek: :3dglasses:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks