What's new

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Yeah Martin, I am into the animated ones. On today's schedule is that sci-fi favorite...DINOSAURIER ALLIGATOR. That's the Greman title, can't wait. :3dglasses:

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
If I had only been five minutes sooner. Still, a movie like this for under $15 is a good deal, methinks.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
No, good buy, Robert. I thank you for alerting the rest of us.

I am trying to buy any 3D title that drops in price like this to complete my collection before the format disappears here in the States forever.

The one optimistic hope we have is that 3D is alive overseas and there will always be releases there to import here.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It's just been confirmed from a hands-on report that the Singapore release of Ant-Man and the Wasp 3D features a variable aspect ratio for IMAX sequences. A good sign for all the 3D releases.:)

Is this worth a blind 3D purchase? I mean, was it a decent film? Generally, I am a bit picky about SuperHero movies. I hate the Avenger films as there is just too many Super Heroes and overblown CGI. I gravitate towards the smaller origin stories films with one Super Hero character.

marcuslaw

Rabid 3-D Aficionado
Real Name
Anthony
Is this worth a blind 3D purchase? I mean, was it a decent film? Generally, I am a bit picky about SuperHero movies. I hate the Avenger films as there is just too many Super Heroes and overblown CGI. I gravitate towards the smaller origin stories films with one Super Hero character.

Not a bad score on the tomato. Personally speaking, I adore Evangeline Lilly.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ant_man_and_the_wasp

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Another reminder that a number of DreamWorks Animation 3D titles are showing up at Big Lots stores for $5. These took longer to show up at my store than some others, so if your store didn't have them last time you checked, you might want to go again. Also saw Paranorman 3D for $5.

The Dreamworks 3D titles I saw:
  • Kung Fu Panda
  • Rise of the Guardians
  • Turbo
  • Shrek 2
  • Shrek Forever After
  • Mr Peabody & Sherman
  • Madagascar 3
  • Puss in Boots
  • Megamind
  • The Croods
My store also currently has a rather large selection of blu-ray/DVD in general.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Bought all except THE GROODS last month, they didn't have that one. I'll have to stop by again. Thanks for the update. :3dglasses:
There seem to be differing quantities of the titles in the batches. I think I got the only copy of Shrek Forever After at my store. There were a couple copies of The Croods, but there were more copies of the other titles. My store also had them spread around in several different locations on the racks, so be sure you scan through all the blu-rays. All the 3D titles might not be in the same group.

My store also had a bunch of blu-ray copies of Penguins of Madagascar, but no 3D that I could see (though I've already got that one).

marcuslaw

Rabid 3-D Aficionado
Real Name
Anthony
For those looking for demo material to "wow" friends, family or neighbors, rather than jumping through chapters of a film, I strongly recommend you pick up a copy of BEST OF 3D: The Ultimate 3D Collection [Blu-ray 3D] Showcase Demo Disc for HDTV available on eBay for a mere $16.95 or a buck less on amazon and its region free. It is the only place you can find a particular 3-D space documentary, the name escapes me ("Into the Cosmos"?), that rivals IMAX Hubble.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CoolMovies
    Recent bookmarks