What's new

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Anyone know if Frankenweenie 3D is region free anywhere?
There was a domestic 3D release, if you can track down a used copy. Most European releases are reported to be region-free (UK, Germany, Scandinavia, Spain).

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
My U.S. copy was region free. The back of the U.K. 3D case also shows an ABC for regions.
Amazon.co.uk

Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 11.23.51 AM copy.jpg

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I am buying all these Marvel and other 3D Blu rays from Britain, but still can not fathom the logic. It is completely idiotic to me that I am allowed to buy a region free release of a movie from Britain, but not from North America where these films originated. It is even sometimes cheaper. What great twit decided on this policy?

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
I am buying all these Marvel and other 3D Blu rays from Britain, but still can not fathom the logic. It is completely idiotic to me that I am allowed to buy a region free release of a movie from Britain, but not from North America where these films originated. It is even sometimes cheaper. What great twit decided on this policy?

Agreed, and this region coding nonsense... How suddenly is UHD region free ?.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Well, while you two guys ponder the wonders of the 3D universe, the wife and I sat through another double header tonite...SANGAREE and GOG...what a treat!

Thanks Bob and company for allowing us to view all the hard work you do to restore these super films!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I found GOG to be a slog to get thru. Not because of the 3D, the movie is pretty bad, which makes it a bad movie in 3D, which still means it’s a bad movie, IMHO of course.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Just enjoyed another double header...RISE OF THE GUARDIANS and NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD RE-ANIMATION.

Wish I had my granddaughters to enjoy this in 3D and story on GUARDIANS but not the LIVING DEAD. Both had super 3D and it made for an enjoyable Saturday afternoon. :thumbsup::thumbsup: :3dglasses:
I found GOG to be a slog to get thru. Not because of the 3D, the movie is pretty bad, which makes it a bad movie in 3D, which still means it’s a bad movie, IMHO of course.

...and everyone has one.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Region Free everywhere.
Disney 3D -- the only region locked Disney 3D disc is Ratatouille.

Time to get a Region Free player. :thumbsup:

Edit: It's currently unavailable on Amazon UK and $80 from Hong Kong. That won't be in my collection anytime soon.

EDIT, EDIT: There's a bunch on eBay right now and one is $30 total from Italy, but sold from here.

The HK Region A set is $30-35 from Deep Discount, Blowitoutahere and Walmart (Marketplace) or $35 Walmart

Ebay Used in the low 20's. New for a little less than $30

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Region Free everywhere.
Disney 3D -- the only region locked Disney 3D disc is Ratatouille.

The HK Region A set is $30-35 from Deep Discount, Blowitoutahere and Walmart (Marketplace) or $35 Walmart

Ebay Used in the low 20's. New for a little less than $30
I just ordered Frankenweenie 3D from Amazon UK and Despicable Me 3 3D for about $35 shipped. It’s on its way already.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Solo... The film was ok but my god it's the worst pq I've seen in a long time, directors intent maybe but we found it a chore to even look at, this goes for 3D, 2D and uhd versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks