What's new

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST ('17). Excellent 3D, plenty of depth in almost every scene and the occasional pop out that does make you blink.

I really enjoyed the movie, so, all in all a great addition to your 3D collection! :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Has been warm here in the UK although not as warm as I remember 1976 in London.
I found the answer to the heat though, draw the curtains to cool the room and watch lot's of 3D on the video projector! :thumbs-up-smiley:

I remember 76 even though I was just 10 yrs old, we had massive swarms of ladybirds here!. On the sunny afternoon side of our house I have bamboo blinds on the outside of the windows and downstairs I have blackout blinds plus blackout curtains.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I remember 76 even though I was just 10 yrs old, we had massive swarms of ladybirds here!. On the sunny afternoon side of our house I have bamboo blinds on the outside of the windows and downstairs I have blackout blinds plus blackout curtains.

Last edited:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Puss in Boots 3D now $9.99 at Amazon Prime Day. Madagascar 3 and Warcraft in 3D come up later.

upload_2018-7-17_17-14-58.png

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
You like "blood and guts"...NURSE 3D...you like "T&A"...NURSE 3D...you like "crazy"...NURSE 3D...you like to watch 3D by yourself...NURSE 3D...you like body parts/blood flying at you...NURSE 3D...you like bloody medical instruments coming at you...NURSE 3D!!!

I really liked it, maybe 'cause I enjoy horror/sci-fi.

This one was really different but in 3D it made it that much more fun. Oh. and the 3D is damn good! :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

Now, if I can just get Amazon UK to mail me JULIA X, I'll be a happy camper.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I don't know if I liked the movie enough to ever want to see it again, but thanks for the heads up!

I saw that Kubo and The Two Strings in 3D is going to be onsale - I can recommend that both as a film and as a 3D experience, so I'd say if the price is right and if you like stop-motion animation, definitely check it out.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I don't know if I liked the movie enough to ever want to see it again, but thanks for the heads up!

I saw that Kubo and The Two Strings in 3D is going to be onsale - I can recommend that both as a film and as a 3D experience, so I'd say if the price is right and if you like stop-motion animation, definitely check it out.

It's like STEWARDESSES, I'll probably never watch it again, it's just for my collection. :3dglasses:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Crud. I almost bought it but the only review of the 3D I could find claimed the 3D effects were lousy so I left in on the "shelf"! :(

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Crud. I almost bought it but the only review of the 3D I could find claimed the 3D effects were lousy so I left in on the "shelf"! :(
You really have to take reviews like that with a grain of salt. 3D is very dependent on equipment, so what looks lousy on one system may blow your eyes out on another.

The only truly "lousy" 3D experience I've had so far is with the conversion of Top Gun, though a close second would be Blade Runner 2049: one film from the 80's that was never intended to be 3D, and one recent film from a crew who reportedly wasn't interested in 3D.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
You really have to take reviews like that with a grain of salt. 3D is very dependent on equipment, so what looks lousy on one system may blow your eyes out on another.

The only truly "lousy" 3D experience I've had so far is with the conversion of Top Gun, though a close second would be Blade Runner 2049: one film from the 80's that was never intended to be 3D, and one recent film from a crew who reportedly wasn't interested in 3D.

"Lousy" might be an overstatement, but the review left the impression the 3D for "Kubo" was underwhelming, at least.

I've never seen the movie and I could only find one review of the 3D, so I had little information at hand.

Probably shoulda said "screw it - it's $10!" and given it a go, but... oh well!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks