What's new

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Just checked and you're right...I don't think my ink dried before I was called upon my error! :thumbsup: I'll have to change my records.

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
My problem with Sing I recall was that there wasn’t enough “Sing” in it. Will have to revisit.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
image.jpeg
Last Jedi arrived today, probably a weekend watch.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Wholly shit, I haven't received my 3D copy yet. Mine is coming from The Hut, maybe that makes the difference...date wise.

It must be tough for us herein the good old USA to be able to receive these discs in a timely manner!

SUPER, Martin that you've received your copy faster than any person in the world!!!

Here in So Cal, drinking beer with 95 degrees temp outside but pool is still to cold to jump into...but using the garden hose is okay,.

GOD BLESS THE QUEEN!!!

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Wholly shit, I haven't received my 3D copy yet. Mine is coming from The Hut, maybe that makes the difference...date wise.

It must be tough for us herein the good old USA to be able to receive these discs in a timely manner!

SUPER, Martin that you've received your copy faster than any person in the world!!!

Here in So Cal, drinking beer with 95 degrees temp outside but pool is still to cold to jump into...but using the garden hose is okay,.

GOD BLESS THE QUEEN!!!

Lol you been on the beer again John :lol:. I got mine from hmv on release day, that's pretty normal for here, I guess they can only post out a certain time before release day by law. When hmv used to use 1st class mail I did used to receive them on a Saturday when Monday was official release day. They use 2nd class now.

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
Also looking forward to Last Jedi 3D steelbook coming to sit with the others due anytime now. :thumbs-up-smiley: Then its Trigger.Jr! Shame they didn't have Trigger in Last Jedi he would have sorted them out.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Thoughts about the 3D on the "early wave" of Marvel movies - "Thor: Dark World", "Iron Man 3", "Captain America: First Avenger"?

Reviews have indicated the 3D isn't good on those - thought I'd ask here...

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Amazon UK just notified me that my PACIFIC RIM: UPRISING and BLACK PANTHER 3D won't be arriving until around August 10 - 15.

Last edited:

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Thoughts about the 3D on the "early wave" of Marvel movies - "Thor: Dark World", "Iron Man 3", "Captain America: First Avenger"?

Reviews have indicated the 3D isn't good on those - thought I'd ask here...
Captain America was a decent film and had good 3d imo, infact it's the only one I kept of the franchise. I can't remember what iron man 3 was like it's been so long since I viewed it.
Thor ragnarok was great both film and 3D.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
"Spiders 3D" (2012)
I finally saw the 3D version of this giant spider movie and it's not bad.
Filmed largely in native 3D in Bulgaria, it has lots of depth and a few pop-outs. If you've never had a plank in your eye before, you'll love it.
Director Tibor Takacs seems to have been influenced by the opening scenes of "House of Wax" as his camera is constantly on the move, something you don't often see these days in 3D movies.
Anyone suffering from arachnophobia will either be cured or completely catatonic by the end.
£10 from Amazon UK. Almost forgot, it has a great lenticular slipcase.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I've been rewatching all of the Marvel movies in anticipation of the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War, and all but the first three MCU movies are in 3D.

I remain really impressed by the 3D conversion on the 2012 release of "Marvel's The Avengers" (aka "Avengers Assemble" in the UK). For those unfamiliar with the film, the idea had been to shoot the movie natively in 3D, and 3D was part of the film's preproduction design. Unfortunately, director of photography Seamus McGarvey threw a glorified temper tantrum after having difficulty using the 3D rig during a scene being shot during preproduction for use in another Marvel film that was releasing first, and refused to use the 3D equipment any further. (He further stated that he refused to do any practice or preparation work prior to that shoot. [sarcasm] I'm shocked, shocked I say, that someone using a new piece of equipment without any experience or training on it could have difficulty using it. That's clearly the fault of the 3D rig and not the person trying to use it. [/sarcasm] ) I'm not sure why McGarvey wasn't shown the door, but he was instead allowed to shoot the film in 2D for 3D conversion. Fortunately, the 3D turned out great. I suspect that this is because director Joss Whedon had already done extensive planning for what the movie was supposed to look like in 3D, and that the conversion team was able to use that to their advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks