What's new

vinnie7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Vince
Walmart had it for $25 (now sold out but keep checking and/or sign up for a stock alert). I bit and it should be arriving Tuesday.

As for Star Trek, that's too bad Paramount didn't keep those shifting ARs intact like Disney has with their Marvel adventures.

What's also a shame is the limited availability of Nwave's latest treasure, Son of Bigfoot. I ponied up the money for the Brazilian release (arrived yesterday), and I think the overall package (story plus 3D presentation) tops their predecessor (Robinson Crusoe). Plenty of appropriate popout.

Last edited:

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Walmart had it for $25 (now sold out but keep checking and/or sign up for a stock alert). I bit and it should be arriving Tuesday.

As for Star Trek, that's too bad Paramount didn't keep those shifting ARs intact like Disney has with their Marvel adventures.

What's also a shame is the limited availability of Nwave's latest treasure, Son of Big Foot. I ponied up the money for the Brazilian release (arrived yesterday), and I think the overall package (story plus 3D presentation) tops their predecessor (Robinson Crusoe). Plenty of appropriate popout.

Mine hasn't arrived yet, I'm very much looking forward to it though.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Mine came with a slip cover and it does have Dolby Atmos. Now that some of us have received our copies of JUSTICE LEAGUE, who'll be the first to view it and post their 3D results? :3dglasses:

Last edited:

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
.... limited availability of Nwave's latest treasure, Son of Bigfoot. I ponied up the money for the Brazilian release (arrived yesterday), and I think the overall package (story plus 3D presentation) tops their predecessor (Robinson Crusoe). Plenty of appropriate popout.
Put an English title on the spine and front-cover, replacing the Portuguese.
For English filing purposes and for the shelf.

Spine and Front English cover.jpg

Used the beginning title credit from the movie.

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 1.24.28 PM.png

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Mine came with a slip cover and it does have Dolby Atmos. Now that some of us have received our copies of JUSTICE LEAGUE, who'll be the first to view it and post their 3D results? :3dglasses:

Can't speak about the Dolby Atmos track sadly, but I loved the 3D. Well worth the money spent. I showed my friend, and he cursed me(he bought the normal BD) for having shown him. He wants a copy of the 3D version too. Probably good I didn't show him the UHD :thumbs-up-smiley:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
@John Sparks If you haven't seen Edge of Tomorrow (AKA Live, Die, Repeat) in 3-D, I highly recommend it.

LINK

Dan, I just watched it a few days ago and forgot to post it. I really like the movie anyway and the 3D just pushes it over the edge,

I'm so used to watching 3D now, that 2D movies are really boring, brighter, but boring.

Boy, when crap exploded, I was picking metal off the HT floor!!! Awesome pop-outs!!! :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

vinnie7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Vince
They've followed a different path in Canada by continuing to stock them (they didn't get the kill 3D memo, I guess), which is apparently where Stephen resides ("north of the 49th parallel").

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
"I WIN!!!" Just viewed it and NO Atmos, just on the 2Der. How was the 3D, pretty damn good, but not great. Sure, there are flat scenes and pop outs when they are needed. There are 2 bad/good things going on with it, one is, you can't stop staring at Gal Gadot...she's so beautiful. Kinda takes you out of the movie. Damn, they have to get rid of that guy that plays the Flash, jacks up the whole movie.

Second is, there is ghosting in one scene. Right after Bruce meets with Aquaman, the scene switches to Bruce's airplane. There are light fixtures embedded in the walls. On my Epson projector (6040), there is some ghosting around them. I tried to fix it but it made the rest of the scenes ghost. On my den television (Mit 65738 DLP), it's there but not as bad...so it's the disc.

Make sure that you watch it all the way through until the disc is completely over, you don't want to miss anything. :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

Last edited:

vinnie7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Vince
I see ghosting on my passive 3D set often enough with distant objects (such screens are very temperamental as far as seating position and minimum distance requirements are concerned). Not seen the 3D of Justice League yet, but the Flash character is definitely your prototypical "soy boy."

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
.......there is ghosting in one scene. Right after Bruce meets with Aquaman, the scene switches to Bruce's airplane. There are light fixtures embedded in the walls. On my Epson projector (6040), there is some ghosting around them. I tried to fix it but it made the rest of the scenes ghost. On my den television (Mit 65738 DLP), it's there but not as bad...so it's the disc.
A different kind of ghosting, not 3D related for being out of focus?

2D version Time-Code: 00:15:30
2D Timecode 00-15-10.png

3D version Time-Code: 00:15"30
2D Timecode 00-15-10.png

Attachments

• 3D Timecode 00-15-30.png
    3D Timecode 00-15-30.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
"

Second is, there is ghosting in one scene and it's the disc. Right after Bruce meets with Aquaman, the scene switches to Bruce's airplane. There are light fixtures embedded in the walls. On my Passive projector, there is ghosting around them. I tried to fix it but it made the rest of the scenes ghost. On my Active television, it's there but not as bad...so it's the disc.

Make sure that you watch it all the way through until the disc is completely over, you don't want to miss anything. :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

Didn't notice ghosting on my DLP. Weird.

I watched it at my friends house at 180", I think we would have noticed:)

vinnie7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Vince
Zero ghosting on my lg OLED!:dancing-banana-04::thumbsup:
I'm blessed with the 77", so the recommended seating distance (2 screen lengths) for what should be perfect 3D is even further back (around 12 feet). It's not perfect 100% of the time, but I'd rather have the better immersion from 10 feet out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks