What's new

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
After reading your review of Sammy, I knew ir would be in the top five of your list, but wow, number 1. Guess I'm going to have to research the region-free mod for my oppo 93.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell /t/306751/htf-top-20-must-own-3d-titles/630#post_4013263
After reading your review of Sammy, I knew ir would be in the top five of your list, but wow, number 1. Guess I'm going to have to research the region-free mod for my oppo 93.

Best 3D i have ever seen and i certainly agree with the decision to place it at number one, as far as live action films go i was also very impressed by Resident Evil: Afterlife.

Is there a review. ?

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The sequel to A Turtles Tale is now out on blu ray in France, really hoping for 3D which is as good as the original but a slightly better script and more active sound stage.

Kashi

Auditioning
Real Name
Kashi
:)Anything DVD is great if it has IMAX on the back of cover, it actually comes out of screen, the further back you are the further the image comes out. Unfortuntely there are no real movies only documentaries of under the sea. They are expensive but still I purchased all DVD's with IMAX. Have a 55" LG Smart Screen.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Updated the list and slowly expanding it to the Top 25. There is a new title in the #1 spot. It was a tough call to make, but if I were recommending a single title, that was widely available, to anyone just buying their first 3D display I think my #1 choice would be the best recommendation.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Ronald Epstein said:
Updated the list and slowly expanding it to the Top 25. There is a new title in the #1 spot.  It was a tough call to make, but if I were recommending a single title, that was widely available, to anyone just buying their first 3D display I think my #1 choice would be the best recommendation.
Didn't this list start out as a top ten? Its encouraging you've had to expand the list.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein
Updated the list and slowly expanding it to the Top 25.
There is a new title in the #1 spot. It was a tough call to make,
but if I were recommending a single title, that was widely available,
to anyone just buying their first 3D display I think my #1 choice would
be the best recommendation.
Have you seen Puss In Boots yet. ?

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein
No, have not seen that one yet.
As you will know its a spin off of the Shrek films, very entertaining, for me it was better than any of the Shrek films and your children will love it and i think you will enjoy it too, just like Wreck it Ralph its more about depth but it has a few pop out moments and an excellent music score, oh and the short extra is also in 3D and very good.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I enjoyed it, too, but it does have far fewer pop-out moments than is the norm with Dreamworks titles. I still have Kung Fu Panda 2 to check out; never can quite seem to find the time to watch it what with reviewing and keeping up with a number of television series.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I'd probably buy Puss N Boots and Ralph right now, but they are both more than $30 on Amazon. So is Monsters vs Aliens. This excessive premium for 3D is getting old is is hurting the acceptance of 3D.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Johnny Angell said:
I'd probably buy Puss N Boots and Ralph right now, but they are both more than $30 on Amazon. So is Monsters vs Aliens. This excessive premium for 3D is getting old is is hurting the acceptance of 3D.
Wait for the next Blu-ray 3D sale at BestBuy. They had a large number of 3D titles that were $14.99 and $19.99 for their last one. Some of those same titles are now $29.99 and $34.99.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I am in the same boat as you guys....
Most of the only 3D titles I see are those the studios send me.
I don't particularly enjoy shelling out $35 for a 3D release. One of the
next releases I am buying out of pocket is Life of Pi, simply because
I hear the use of 3D in this film is quite good.
So, yes, there are a few stray titles that I am also waiting to get on
sale. Last one I bought on an Amazon sale for $20 was TinTin. I
still have not had the chance to sit and watch that.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
In addition to high prices, it seems there are many movies in 3D that don't decline in price. AVM for instance. You could almost call it a catalogue release now. I have a theory for the high prices. A customer in BB or the like buys a 3D set and wants to go home with a couple of 3D movies, so he pays the exorbitant pricing. It would be interesting to know what % of 3D software sales this amounts too. I have no data to back this up, just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks