What's new

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, the only reason I own Gravity 3D is that I saw it at Big Lots for $5. I probably wouldn't own it otherwise.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Colin, you sold Gravity . . . 3-D? If so, why? It's brilliant in stereo.
Yeah. IMO It’s one of the best 3D presentations available. And one of the best films I’ve seen in the last ten years. Especially In IMAX 3D. if you haven’t seen it that way....you haven’t really seen it.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Okay, boys and girls...here's the question of the day. Since I started collecting 3D movies, almost all of them are double dippers, is there a place to sell our doubles...in perfect condition (disc and packaging) and only viewed ONCE!!!

That would really help in my buying 3Ders in the future. :3dglasses: :popcorn:

marcuslaw

Rabid 3-D Aficionado
Real Name
Anthony
I watched Ghost in the Shell 3-D again last night and simply love it regardless of the accusations of racism and whitewashing and from the perspective of someone who didn't read the manga. It's not necessarily because of Scarlett either, though she's sexy as usual despite lacking normal female anatomy, I love the look of New Port City with all the projected digital billboards, neon and bright colors all given a fair enhancement in 3-D. Though Jess Hall is no Deakins, his cinematography looked brilliant to my eyes. I'm really hoping Dreamworks and company revisit this world and give us sequel in 3-D.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I watched Ghost in the Shell 3-D again last night and simply love it regardless of the accusations of racism and whitewashing and from the perspective of someone who didn't read the manga. It's not necessarily because of Scarlett either, though she's sexy as usual despite lacking normal female anatomy, I love the look of New Port City with all the projected digital billboards, neon and bright colors all given a fair enhancement in 3-D. Though Jess Hall is no Deakins, his cinematography looked brilliant to my eyes. I'm really hoping Dreamworks and company revisit this world and give us sequel in 3-D.
She's just a sexy woman, I've seen better looking actresses, but she has that "It" factor that most of them don't have.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Scarlett does have a certain attraction of that there is no doubt, I wasn't bowled over with Ghost in the shell 3D though. I do have a soft spot for the 2D UHD of Lucy though :)

vinnie7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Vince
I should have War For The Planet of the Apes by the end of the day! Is this the end of new 3D releases, I'm wondering? There are a few classics and more recent 3D films in the past ~8 years that I still need to grab, but it's getting kind of somber around here.

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
Corr! Watched Imax 3D GRAND CANYON ADVENTURE if anyone had any doubts just how good REEL FILM 3D at home can be check it out. Filmed on 70mm and a spot of 65mm a pretty darn amazing watch.
Finished off with INFERNO 3D a good double bill starring Rhonda Flemming. Interesting not many cinemas had stereo back then but we take for granted today.

Vince its not the end of a era for 3D but the start of a new one!
Many of us locally are busy collecting 3D Blu-Rays and extending our wants lists for the forthcoming classics much thanks to the hard work and dedication of 3D FILM ARCHIVE. :thumbs-up-smiley:

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
All we have to do is get one TV manufacturer back on board. Conspiracy theories are stupid, but isn’t it fishy that they all decided to stop making them at once? It’s like movie studios that all deciding to put off sound movies until they could clear out their silent catalogue.
I have a collection of glasses I have saved from 3D movies I have seen that I was going to use when I bought a new TV waiting...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    acinstallation240
    Recent bookmarks