What's new

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Just picked up EXODUS, IMMORTALS, BOOK OF LIFE, CLASH OH THE TITANS and POMPEII from Amazon. Couldn't pass up these for $10 each. My collection is growing, up to 33 now!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Any excuse to see T2 on the big screen is worth it....and if the conversion is as good as the one they did on Titanic, it's gonna be amazing. I know it's practically heresy, but I like the first movie better...but I saw T2 first and it'll always have a special place in my heart.
I like the first Terminator better, too. More compact story; grittier, nastier action, more guerrilla-type filmmaking due to the low ($10 million) budget.

marcuslaw

Rabid 3-D Aficionado
Real Name
Anthony
From memory, I recall that Exodus and Pompeii looked good in stereo. I thought Clash looked pretty good despite all the negativity it got. Book of Life was okay and I don't recall Immortals though it's in the cabinet.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Just finished TEXAS CHAINSAW 3D and couldn't take my eyes off Alexandra Daddario. I'm sure there was 3D in there somewhere? :3dglasses:

Alexandra Daddario is amazing - best thing about "San Andreas", another 3D Blu-ray!

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the trailers for the upcoming "Baywatch" movie imply that some blonde female lifeguard is supposed to be the hottest of the hot and Alexandra is "just some girl" - that couldn't be more wrong!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Alexandra Daddario is amazing - best thing about "San Andreas", another 3D Blu-ray!

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the trailers for the upcoming "Baywatch" movie imply that some blonde female lifeguard is supposed to be the hottest of the hot and Alexandra is "just some girl" - that couldn't be more wrong!
It's a comedy, it's a joke maybe?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
It's a comedy, it's a joke maybe?

Maybe - and I also might be reading it wrong. It's a trailer, so the scene might not even be in the final movie.

I should "reserve judgment" until I see the movie - just indicating the impression I got from the trailer!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, I saw that trailer and wondered the hell they were talking about too. I would guess it's either a joke as previously theorized or maybe those characters are brother and sister or something.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Just watched Warcraft in 3D and really enjoyed it. 3D was good with nice depth but little pop out. A visually sumptuous film that looked great and sounded terrific in Dolby Atmos.

Pleasantly surprised despite all the bad reviews and poor domestic box office.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
May 7, 2017 and the passive 3D LG petition is still active, now with over 11,000 supporters.

11,000.jpg

Seems to me that UHD Blu-ray would gain significant traction if only UHD 3D was added to the UHD format as a specification. Manufactures should start thinking about growing a market for future passive 8K 3D displays by showing they have an interest in pleasing existing fans.

Last edited:

marcuslaw

Rabid 3-D Aficionado
Real Name
Anthony
Saw Guardians in the Galaxy vol. 2 in IMAX 3-D last night. Not only was the film better than the first, but so too was the 3-D. Though it had its share of a flat, darker scenes, they were far outnumbered by the sheer scope in IMAX of depth and dimensionality whether it was space craft, embers floating off the screen, or debris flying in your face. The color palate was off the charts. Just wait to you see the funeral towards the end of the film. If you haven't seen it yet, I strongly recommend you go out of your way to see it in IMAX 3-D. Looking forward to seeing it again in 3-D on my 75" 940C.

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Just picked up EXODUS, IMMORTALS, BOOK OF LIFE, CLASH OH THE TITANS and POMPEII from Amazon. Couldn't pass up these for $10 each. My collection is growing, up to 33 now!

Glad you only paid ten bucks for these. Other than BOOK OF LIFE and some shots in POMPEII (otherwise an awful movie, in my opinion), this is a rather sorry lot insofar as 3D effects go.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell

Exodus Gods and Kings and Pompeii have excellent 3D, Book of life rather dissapointing but full of colour, haven't seen the other two.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Glad you only paid ten bucks for these. Other than BOOK OF LIFE and some shots in POMPEII (otherwise an awful movie, in my opinion), this is a rather sorry lot insofar as 3D effects go.
Mmm, I have to disagree, I wasn't impressed by book of life, I thought Pompeii and Exodus were good films with very good 3D.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Saw Guardians in the Galaxy vol. 2 in IMAX 3-D last night. Not only was the film better than the first, but so too was the 3-D. Though it had its share of a flat, darker scenes, they were far outnumbered by the sheer scope in IMAX of depth and dimensionality whether it was space craft, embers floating off the screen, or debris flying in your face. The color palate was off the charts. Just wait to you see the funeral towards the end of the film. If you haven't seen it yet, I strongly recommend you go out of your way to see it in IMAX 3-D. Looking forward to seeing it again in 3-D on my 75" 940C.

Spoiler !!!! :P.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks