What's new

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Sorry Martin, I couldn't remember if you had seen the Lego Batman movie. I thought the 3D in the original Lego Movie was okay without being impressive, but the 3D in the Lego Batman movie was actually really strong. It was an unexpected pleasant surprise.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Sorry Martin, I couldn't remember if you had seen the Lego Batman movie. I thought the 3D in the original Lego Movie was okay without being impressive, but the 3D in the Lego Batman movie was actually really strong. It was an unexpected pleasant surprise.

I wasn't wild about either the original Lego flick or the Batman one, but I loved the 3D in "Lego Movie"! Kinda surprised you think it was just okay - I gave it really high marks.

Hopefully WB will send me the 3D Batman for review. They're usually good about sending me 3D versions but I only got 2D "Fantastic Beasts" - dunno if that's a sign of bad things to come or just a one-off...

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I just re-watched Fantastic Beasts this week (saw it once in theaters), and I was again impressed by the 3D quality. I wish the BD had retained the frame busting effects that the IMAX 3D presentation had, but even confined to the 2.40:1 frame, there was great depth and dimensionality throughout the film.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I just re-watched Fantastic Beasts this week (saw it once in theaters), and I was again impressed by the 3D quality. I wish the BD had retained the frame busting effects that the IMAX 3D presentation had, but even confined to the 2.40:1 frame, there was great depth and dimensionality throughout the film.
This was the great thing about Ghostbusters [2016] in 3D. G-Force (from Disney) has similar effects.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Haven't watched it in 3D yet. One of many titles on my "catch-up" list, though there was [I believe] an earlier post in this thread or another where the instructions to projectionists were posted regarding "floating windows".

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell

We did watch half of it Josh but both of us agreed to turn it off because it was so annoying!, your tempting me with the strong 3D but I did say to myself some time ago now that I must consider the film first then the 3D element :3dglasses:.

marcuslaw

Rabid 3-D Aficionado
Real Name
Anthony
I haven't seen G-Force. Worth it?

Agreed on Ghostbusters - but I liked the effect even more in Fantastic Beasts.

Absolutely. G-Force is one the Studio's better post-conversions. It even has seem decent pop as one might have hoped with all the scenes featuring guinea pigs flying around (that somehow sounds wrong particularly coming from someone who owns one).

marcuslaw

Rabid 3-D Aficionado
Real Name
Anthony
What are your thoughts on cirque du soleil ?, I bought it a couple of years ago and it's still sealed on my shelf. Just watched a few trailers and it looks very entertaining !.

Which one? Journey of Man or Worlds Away? Journey was okay. Decent 3-D but an odd Cirque which I'm not sure whether we'll ever revisit. As you probably know, James Cameron was involved with Worlds Away (credited as an executive producer) and as you might expect, it shows. The added depth and spacing created by 3-D really draws you in as if you were right on stage with the performers. The story is a bit odd (again) but who cares. It's Cirque.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Which one? Journey of Man or Worlds Away? Journey was okay. Decent 3-D but an odd Cirque which I'm not sure whether we'll ever revisit. As you probably know, James Cameron was involved with Worlds Away (credited as an executive producer) and as you might expect, it shows. The added depth and spacing created by 3-D really draws you in as if you were right on stage with the performers. The story is a bit odd (again) but who cares. It's Cirque.

Just checked and it's the Worlds Away, will have to give it a watch soon.

marcuslaw

Rabid 3-D Aficionado
Real Name
Anthony
Anyone else watch Assassin's Creed 3-D lately? I felt the movie itself was better than expected but that 3-D was underutilized (though the image was often dark).

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Re re re watched Despicable Me tonight, what a great disc, a myriad of colours with some excellent 3D :3dglasses: and such lovely parts to the story!. I was quite impressed with the performance from my projector.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    acinstallation240
    Recent bookmarks