What's new

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If you look closely at what I said, I didn't mention anyone's politics. I simply stated I don't care for his. Nevertheless, your concern is duly noted. Might I add, that I am very grateful for Mr. Katzenburg's outspoken support for the format and his contributions thereto.
I think you get my point that by saying you don't care for a person's politics, you are actually stating your political opinion. Which is why we have the following rule:

4. No politics or religion. We do not permit the discussion of politics or religion at HTF. However, there is a narrow exception to this rule. If the subject matter of a movie or television show includes politics and/or religion, then they may be discussed insofar as they pertain to that specific movie or television show. We stress, however, that such discussions are carefully monitored and will be moderated if it appears that any participant is using this narrow exception to introduce a broader political or religious discussion than is warranted by the movie or television show under discussion. Also, anyone who has not seen a particular movie or television show is disqualified from discussing its political and/or religious content under this rule.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
DreamWorks not releasing Trolls in 3D on home video is disturbing as they have always been a defender of 3D content. Only 4K. :( I hope this does not mean the end of DreamWorks Blu-ray 3D releases but it probably does.

Ugh. I didn't know this. That's not a good sign.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I'm hoping that might have more to do with the end of their Fox deal. I think the movie underperformed, so Fox is probably happy to just get out the simplest disc possible and wash their hands of that partnership.

"Trolls" made $153 million in the US - not a smash hit, but still a good piece of change...

marcuslaw

Rabid 3-D Aficionado
Real Name
Anthony
An update from the LG - Please revive 3D on a 2018 OLED TV model petition. Nearly 10,000 signatures collected!

Feb 9, 2017 — Hello folks, I hope you're all well?

I just wanted to send out another quick update as it has been a while now and various things have been going on in the background.

I have been sending over emails to LGE as we hit various milestones and there is still no response at all from any of them - slightly worrying seeing as one of the addresses was the UK helpdesk although they probably have no idea what to do with my query!

I have been getting good email addresses as I have been getting various out of offices as people have had holiday / vacation so they're definitely reaching the right people in the organisation.

Things are slowing down slightly as we approach the 10k mark so please keep sharing information of this - I'm sure we'll hit the 10k mark in the next few weeks or so.

When we do hit 10k I'm going to print out all of the signatures and comments and send them over to various LGE offices around the world, just to make sure someone actually has these in hand there.

I assume most of you will have seen but Sony have added 3D Blu-ray support to the PSVR headset in their latest beta software and initial reports are that it is good and it is again creating new fans who are buying 3D disks.

Also ATSC 3.0 is on the way in the USA and this also has a standard created in there for broadcast 3D content as well as UHD content.

I don't know if any of you have any knowledge of Russian or South Korean AV forums but if so please spread the word there and wherever else you can think of as that is one area where we don't have many signatures from currently.

Thanks again to you all so far for getting this as far as it has so far and enjoy your 3D content, whether it be movies, gaming or stuff you have created yourselves :)

If there is anything you can think of that may help please just let me know on here or via Twitter - I'm @revaido on there.

Best regards,

Aidan

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
DreamWorks not releasing Trolls in 3D on home video is disturbing as they have always been a defender of 3D content. Only 4K. :( I hope this does not mean the end of DreamWorks Blu-ray 3D releases but it probably does.

I to am perplexed why no 3D release, saying that ever since Madagascar 3 I feel Dreamworks 3D has become more mundane, not as much pop out.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Here's a question, I hope in the right forum, that I hope that can be answered by one of you experts. I have a Mit DLP 65" 3-D TV and a Panny 210 3-D blu-ray player, but never got around to getting the glasses. I never owned a 3-D movie to warrant it, until last week and found out that I had accumulated 11 movies. Got the glasses today (3DTV Corp DLP Link 3D glasses) and the 3-D doesn't look right.

I tried HOUSE OF WAX, IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE, CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON AND MY BLOODY VALENTINE.

Here's the problem, when looking at the picture, the background floats to the foreground and the foreground stays just behind the background. Example: The actor is standing there with a bush behind him, but somehow the bush is floating in front of him. Is it because my eyes aren't seeing the picture correctly or is it something else?

HoW, ICfOS and CFtBL had that effect, but MBV not so bad.

I went thru both manuals and set both up both systems with only a few options offered to you to get 3-D.

I'm really bummed because I really wanted to see what 3-D looked like on my TV and, as of now, it looks like crap!

HELP!

NEVER MIND! Found and downloaded a different owners manual, showed what my problem was and now I have BEAUTIFUL 3-D!!! Boy, what I have been missing. Just ordered DIAL M for MURDER and 3-D RARITIES to add to my collection!!!

Last edited:

marcuslaw

Rabid 3-D Aficionado
Real Name
Anthony
I decided to pop in Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk 3-D while the wife and kid are out at basketball practice and boy did it not take long for me to be impressed. I knew I was in for a treat just sitting through the studio logo introductions. Thus far, about 15 minutes in, the 3D is excellent. I know the film might be a bit controversial and perhaps not even well-received, but Ron, you're going to have to take a look at this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks