What's new

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Watched the 3D "Storks" tonight - blah. Even though the movie has all sorts of flying objects in it - birds, duh! - it rarely takes advantage.

It's one of the most "2.5D" Blu-rays I've seen - half the time I forgot I was watching 3D because the depth and dimensionality just weren't there...

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Watched the 3D "Storks" tonight - blah. Even though the movie has all sorts of flying objects in it - birds, duh! - it rarely takes advantage.

It's one of the most "2.5D" Blu-rays I've seen - half the time I forgot I was watching 3D because the depth and dimensionality just weren't there...

Glad to have avoided that film, Infact I'm avoiding quite a lot of non descript films especially in 3D now.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
However, Disney Movie Club is taking pre-orders for Moana on 3D Blu-ray, which leads me to believe that Zootopia's 3D BD must've sold well. While it's puzzling [and frustrating] that Disney does not have a uniform policy on 3D BD releases, I'll take what I can get.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
I am getting a new projector soon, the Epson TW9300W I believe it's the 6040ub ?.

It has psuedo 4K, it's going to be difficult for me to decide from now on whether to buy 3D or 4K blu Rays, if something is going to have pop out it will be a 3D purchase otherwise I think the 4K route..

SFMike

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
However, Disney Movie Club is taking pre-orders for Moana on 3D Blu-ray, which leads me to believe that Zootopia's 3D BD must've sold well. While it's puzzling [and frustrating] that Disney does not have a uniform policy on 3D BD releases, I'll take what I can get.
It is so annoying that Disney can't get it together with any coherent policy of Blu-ray 3D releases. It shows what must be a bloated to large marketing and distribution home video division. SO FRUSTRATING and unresponsive to the customers that have supported 3D releases since the day they started pushing "Disney 3D". I'm such a pissed off customer.
disney-3d-blu-ray-promo.jpg

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks