What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I wasn't saying they're EASY to use...but rather just inventive. It took me a while to get used to which sections did what.

If you want some really difficult menus, check out The Abyss or Terminator 2: Ultimate Edition.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
And I'm going to have to disagree with you. The altering of the film is 'dicking around' of the absolute worst sort. :thumbsdown:

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
I apologize for some nitpicking, but I want to correct some minor errors in the otherwise entertaining Toontown Confidential feature--it states that Betty Boop's career ended in 1949; hardly--it ended a full decade earlier. Also, GUYS AND DOLLS was released in 1955, not 1957.

I feel better now. :b

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Well, I know I'm definitely in the minority here; my wife and I had been married for 9 years when we saw the theatrical release, and neither one of us cared for it that much. I can't describe it, we just didn't like it.I'm 45 now, and when I saw the commercial advertising the DVD, my initial response was one of apathy. (And I just didn't care, either!);) However, with all the talk here, I *may* just give it a rental and see what happens.

John CW

Supporting Actor
William: I'm the same -- it just never grabbed me (and now you mention it, I don't think my wife cares for it much either! :))

~ Johnny

James L White

Supporting Actor
damn you DDD.com where is my copy!!!!!!!!! it shipped 2 weeks ago, at least I got an E-mail saying it was,[/rant over]Anyhow, does the DVD have those stupid movie ads like most disney DVDs have at the beginning

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
The DVD is surprisingly ad-free.

It starts with the standard skippable FBI and copyright stuff, then an intro. All the pre-menu stuff and transitions can be skipped.

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
*bump*

Picked this up three weeks ago... it is everything and more...

If you're a purist and aren't buying this out of a self imposed statement against "censorship", well, you might want to rethink who is losing more here?

(You or the studio that lost 1 out of xxx,xxx,xxx sales?)

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member

That's easy. It's the studio who lost 1 out of xxx,xxx,xxx sales. They lost exactly 1 sale. I lost nothing. I've got my uncensored laser disc of the film, and all my money. :)

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
and as buggy as this dvd is, you're not missing anything. the widescreen disc won't play on my player, it constantly freezes up and has audio problems, while the full frame disc plays fine. :rolleyes
back it goes to Fry's.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
We finally got around to watching this dvd Saturday night. What an outstanding transfer. The audio was good too. Both the Dolby Digital and dts mixes were good. :emoji_thumbsup:

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
and as buggy as this dvd is, you're not missing anything. the widescreen disc won't play on my player, it constantly freezes up and has audio problems, while the full frame disc plays fine.
Now that's a first... I'm guessing

a) An unlucky disc

b) A cleaning is due in your player

c) A DVD player might be committing harikari:D

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
A few problems to be sure:

Suggestions:

a) Try it on another person's player...

b) Get someone who is like 99 years old with an attitude to take it back to the retailer... they'll empathize.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Or take it back to someone else. If you do an exchange, a lot of stores couldn't care less where you bought it, since they send it right back to Disney for a refund anyway. So they;ll often gladly swap something out you bought somewhere else. The only time they often won't do that is if you ask for your money back, but do a simple exchange for the same item and they're usually fine with it, receipt or no receipt. Target is especially goot about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks