What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Warner Brothers Gangster Collection (VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED). (1 Viewer)

ArthurMy

Supporting Actor
[rant]Yes, the world is an uptight place. I've been called much worse than looking like a wino off the street. Hasn't ruined my life, hasn't hurt me. But, that's today for you - can't say anything that might be construed as insulting (Don Rickles, were he starting out today, would bomb), can't make a joke, can't step on toes even if they deserve stepping on, can't deflate the pompous, must regiment every minute of our children's lives because, heaven forbid we should just allow children some freedom to explore and learn by themselves like millions of children have done in year's past, must be politically correct yet allow our children to watch MTV, have role modles like Britney Spears, and dress like two-dollar hookers, and I could go on for pages but I'll shut up now.[/rant] :) :D ;) I apologize in advance if this offended anyone.

BTW, I love these gangster DVDs. A beautiful set. Now on to the musicals and the comedies box sets from Warners, both of which I've just preordered on amazon.

ToddF

Agent
Real Name
Todd Fredericks

Very funny!!! :) It's kind of strange discussing ideas of offending people in a Gangsters thread. I wonder what their characters would think? "Gee, Cody, I think you really offended those folks when you plugged them with bullets..."

ArthurMy

Supporting Actor
What is clearest from having watched most of the films in this set is that they don't make actors like Cagney and Robinson anymore. I can not get over how great White Heat looks on DVD.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
If the characters in the films being discussed dictated the appropriate level of forum discourse, that would definitely spice things up, but I'm not sure it would be a net positive. Example:

"Avast ye scurvy knaves! If any o'ye be talking out of turn 'n belittling Robert Newton's performance in Trae-sure Island ye surely will be lashed to the mizzenmast. Arrrgh!" ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks