What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: V For Vendetta (RECOMMENDED). (1 Viewer)

Herb Kane

Screenwriter
b] – as in singular…

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This is one of the most anticipated titles on my list to see.

I *really* wish Warner would have released this day-and-date
on HD-DVD. For a studio wanting to push this new format and
for a forum like ours that wants nothing more than to see the new
format succeed -- a day and date release on a title like this is
very important.

I have wasted your time with this rant because of Herb's glowing
review and my growing desire to see this film in the most glorified
manner possible.

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
I read on AgentDVDonline.com that the HD-DVD was scheduled for August 1st, so we should keep our eyes and ears open tomorrow and Friday for a possible announcement.

I'm looking forward to seeing this again. The first time took me a bit off guard. It wasn't what I was expecting.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Thanks for the review; I am also looking forward to getting this. Saw it in the theater earlier this year, and my wife and I both loved it. I had read the book, she had not. Already one of my favorite movies of the year and better than most of what I have seen so far this summer.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
no spoilers in my post here.

just saw this last night in a 2nd or 3rd hand local cinema ($3 movies). it was incredible... except the ending. i realize what they were trying to do... but i think it didn't work. i've read the original comic and they stuck pretty close to it... so weren't a lot of surprises except a few structural changes just for the screen. my fav thing about the film adaptation is they lifted many dialogues from the comic and the prose is just beautiful... almost shakspearean. the problem lies in the ending.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I am incredibly geeked about finally getting this next week. People here have raved about it (so did my brother-in-law to be). The only question for me now is where to buy it.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
With HD around the corner (and it still is, for most of us), I can't see opting for the extras here. But the film was a fine one, one of my favorites of the year so far.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I picked this up just recently, not having seen it when it was in the cinema, and liked it. It seemed an important kind of film.

Thanks for the review Herb.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

Ron, it is still a possibility that V for Vendetta will be released on HD DVD day and date with the DVD. Warner Brothers has been absolutely horrible in the way they have been giving (or more accurately not giving) information about their upcoming releases.

It is pretty typical that they announce a title on the Thursday or Friday before the Tuesday it is supposed to street. If by Friday evening there is no word about an HD DVD release, then it's time to be frustrated.

Very cool movie. I look forward to buying it and watching it again soon (as soon as WB wants my money for the HD DVD).

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
This is easily my most anticipated DVD of the year so far. Loved it in the theater, despite having audio issues the first 15 minutes.

a day-and-date HD-DVD release mgith have pushed me towards picking a Toshiba.

I hope you enjoy it Ron!

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor

Agreed. However, I do smile when I see the dedication in the end credits.

Biddle is one of my favorites. I'll be re-watching his work all my life.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

I could have sworn I saw yet another version at Best Buy that had the 2-disc edition along with a mask inside???

Saw this last night...what an excellent film. One of the few actions films that I've seen that stirred up so many emotions and has been so thought provoking afterwards.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Still waiting on Amazon to deliver my copy of the 2-disc...had it in my hands yesterday at Wally-World, but it would've been something like $5.00 more, after tax.

It's not a perfect film, of course, but I've always quite enjoyed certain aspects of it...

Evey's roll

Erin C

Stunt Coordinator
Just watched this again a few hours ago. I love this movie!
I need to buy it soon.
Thanks for the capture Josh! Not to be a perv but do I see a glimpse of hair!
My God really need to buy this and freeze frame thaat!

Sten F

Second Unit
Since the special features is a little thin I have a strong feeling we will see a 3-Disc edition in the near future. It´s a given.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks