What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Undercover Brother" (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This is a very funny film. I think Neil Patrick Harris almost steals the movie too. :)
It's worth at least a rental, you will laugh with this film. The gags are spot on funny.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Ron, your highly recommended (good job on getting him to change it) made me look at the thread, and now I probably end up buying the dvd. Curse you Ron, you making me spend too much money. :D By the way, I did wanted to see this before, as the trailers and commercials were pretty funny (appear the movie itself isn't spoil for once by that either).

Colin-H

Second Unit
Maybe you should create a new category for movies that aren't quite "HIGHLY RECOMMENDED" but still should be given a look... I just assumed this movie would be in the vein of The Ladies Man, and I wouldn't have read the review if it wasn't marked "highly recommended".

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Hmmm,...who would've thunk. I guess I'll rent this one. I would've never even opened this thread, much less rented/purchased it without the 'Highly Recommeded' seal.

I like to laugh, and by the sounds of it, this dvd will get me there.

Glenise

Supporting Actor
I wasn't planning on getting UB.
Now I might.
As far as Ausin Powers, I thought Austin #1 was a very funny movie. Per a co-workers suggestion, I purchased Austin #2 last year and was disappointed.
I think Austin #2 can't touch #1.
I don't even think I would even rent Austin #3 because I was disappointed in Austin #2.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Can't wait to purchase this and see it for the very first time.
Thanks for the review Ron, your review has made me go to the 100% blind purchase side
You UB fans will be pleased to know that Eddie Griffin has already said that there will be a UB2

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
I just moved this from my "Rental" to "Must Buy" list.
Thanks for the great review Ron. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
Joe

MichaelGH

Stunt Coordinator
I absolutely loved this film when I saw it. My wife and my friend pretty much had to drag me to see it. I don't normally like these kind of films (I am one of the few who doesn't like any of the Austin Powers films), but this was a most pleasant surprise. I was laughing with tears in my eyes through the whole entire film. I highly recommend this film even if it didn't look like much to you when it was released. Give it a shot on dvd, please:)
Michael

Michael Silla

Second Unit
Enjoyed this film although I have to say that it didn't "knock me out" like it did others. Perhaps this film will be like the first Austin Powers movie for me - I nearly walked out of the theater during the first viewing. Upon rewatching it on VHS when it first came out, I became a believer.

Worth a rental to find out,

Michael.

Jimmy Gonzalez

Stunt Coordinator
I have not laughed so hard at a movie in a long time. Great movie. Great call on changing Undercover Brother to "HIGHLY RECOMMENDED", Ron.

Jimmy

Greg S

Supporting Actor
I can't wait to check this one out. When my wife and I first saw the trailer for this in the theaters (don't remember what we were there for though) we both looked and at each other and said, this is is going to be a funny movie. Sadly we never made it to theater to see it but will definitely be on this one when it comes out.

Thanks for the review Ron!!

BTW anyone ever wonder if Ron ever gets much "ENJOYMENT" out of a film sometimes?? I mean he has to be critical when looking at these discs and I wonder if he can ever take the time to just kick back, relax, and enjoy the film w/o having to worrry about all "specs".

Greg

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
[confused look] Naw, it's once you go black, you don't go back.
Actually, It's "Once you've had Jew, nothing else will do!" ;) (I got that from a pal's shiksa wife. . .)
Dang you Ron, you just sucked more $$$ from my thin-as-it-is wallet! As always, THANKS! :)

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Today is a great day for black people of all races!
Yo word up kid!! I almost had a heart attack when I saw the "Hi Rec" tag on it, a tear almost came to my eye.
I feel so shamed that I didnt go see this at the movies. I knew it would be good tho. Just from one line.
soulsista: he been sleepin wit a whitegirl!!!
(all the black guys ask): Was it everything I dreamed?
I almost died when I saw that on the trailer.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Ron, glad you gave this film the Highly Recommended label (though I've not seen it yet, I now plan to). As others have said, feel free to judge each movie within its own genre. If this is worthy in your opinion, of a Highly Recommended label as a comedy, then by all means put it there. That doesn't mean you think it's Citizen Kane or The Godfather. But it doesn't have to be. It's a comedy and if it had you laughing from start to finish, then it's a no-brainer putting the HR label on it!

Glad I got all those BB gift cards for XMas!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks