What's new

HTF REVIEW: "UHF" (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Bill Buklis

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Buklis
I am so looking forward to this release. Ron, there's no need to hide in the closet. There's no shame in liking Weird Al. He's had many great hits and not just in the 80's. He's still a current singer.
For more UHF DVD info check out this thread I posted a little while back:
UHF DVD First Look
In this thread I talk about how to access some of the easter eggs. And as Ron said, don't forget to click on one of the items labeled "On other side". In fact, after you click it. Click it again. And then again! :laugh:

Randy Torres

Stunt Coordinator
Since I was an extra in one of the crowd scenes and have about 5 seconds of screen time, I will have to pick this one up. Then I can freeze frame "my" scene and relive my movie star days ;)

Bill Buklis

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Buklis
Randy, was it in the crowd scenes near the end? Wow, as much as five seconds? That's pretty good for extra footage. Post up a screenshot of it when it comes out.

So far I've never had the opportunity to do extra work, but my mom did once. Not that you could tell, however. She was amongst the crowd at Wrigley field during Rookie of the Year.

Randy Torres

Stunt Coordinator
Bill, Yes it was the crowd scene near the end. Probably only one second but it "seemed" like five. This movie was filmed here in Tulsa and the best part was I got meet Michael Richards pre Seinfeld.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
My UHF DVD arrived today. So far, I've checked out a few scenes (nice anamorphic transfer) and a few of the extras (trailers, music video, and the funny deleted scenes featurette). I'm very pleased with the DVD, especially since it was only $9. :)

L. W. Cobb

Agent
Thanks for the review Ron! I have no reasonable explanation why I liked this film so much, but I know I'll own it just for the Dire Straits-Beverly Hillbillies video parody, and to see Michael Richards antics as "Stanley Spadowski". :)

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Pretty nice Special Edition put together by Wierd Al. The humor is pretty much hit or miss and there's alot of empty space, but most of the skits/parodies are a hoot, especially the Rambo one.

"STUUUPID!!! YOU'RE SO STUUUUPID!!!!"

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
This DVD is perfect. You have IMO an excellent OAR transfer, audio commentary, deleted scenes, trailers, MAR version for those who think Poodles can fly, contributions to the disc by Wierd Al, and outstanding pricing by MGM.
I love this disc, and the movie ain't bad either. ;)

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Did anyone else buy a copy that does not have a chapter selection card inside? I was thinking because it's a very inexpensive DVD that it doesn't come with one. Plus, when I bought Killer Klowns From Outer Space (another 9.99 MGM title), there was also no chapter card. Any thoughts?

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
EDIT: Oh yes, I forgot to include this... on the DVD, MGM has prevented switching the audio on the fly. Why they did this, I honestly don't know, but it pissed me off.
You did watch the movie with the commentary running, right? ;) Check out 1:13:55 into the commentary. I'm guessing this is related to the locking out of the audio switching.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Check out 1:13:55 into the commentary. I'm guessing this is related to the locking out of the audio switching.
I didn't think that having an alternate angle would lock out audio switching.

And I didn't even notice that gag when I watched the movie with commentary on (maybe for the fact I was listening to it on PowerDVD as I did other stuff).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks