What's new

HTF REVIEW: "True Romance" Special Edition (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i love this disc too. not only is the cast amazing, but how many DVDs have big stars do comentaries for their bit parts?!?!? hearing Kilmer , Pitt, and Hopper talk about their scenes was great.
interesting bits:
-Rappaport kept repeating himself in his 30min (way too long) commmentary piece, but kept saying he went into auditioning for this movie with Scott and told him "don't let me go until i get this part right!" and worked really hard together. then if you hear Scott, on his commentary, said he saw Rappaport and gave him the part on the spot :P
-Scott says Beverly Hills Cop (1) was better than the sequel (which he directed)

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
I just watched this movie as well,and I must say that I'm in complete reverse with Ron's review.
I thought that the picture was pretty good including colors[no red push here],but the sound was lackluster especialy the DTS.
The dialog was shouting at you,at specially at the begining[Detroit],yet the various guns were lacking any kinda punch,a sure sign of dynamic compression[possibly at mastering].
The dolby track was more balanced overall,but it was still a letdown, coming from Tony Scott on the heels of Top Gun,and Days of Thunder.
I haven't watched all the extras yet,I'm looking forward to it.

Joe Schwartz

Second Unit
Rappaport kept repeating himself in his 30min (way too long) commmentary piece...
Rapaport's commentary was by far my favorite of the actors' commentary. Being a roller coaster fanatic, I especially enjoyed his recounting of the filming at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Great stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks