What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: The Simpsons The Complete Fourth Season (1 Viewer)

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Jaime,

I enjoy the nostalgic, joking commentary style, like the excessive shilling going on in the musical version of Streetcar named Desire episode, since we get a lot of info, but it's fun to listen to. I won't go back and listen again, but one time through was fun!

Seth--L

Screenwriter

Yeah, they even said on the "Street Car" commentary that they expected this set to be out in August.

Seth--L

Screenwriter

Yeah, they even said on the "Street Car" commentary that they expected this set to be out in August.

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
Just some speculation/wishful thinking about the next Simpsons Season DVD release...

I read an Al Jean interview online in which he said the the DVD commentaries for previous seasons were done in the winter months, and then read somewhere else that the season 5 commentaries are being done this July. If this is true, I think season 5 coming out by the end of the year is a real possibility.

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
Just some speculation/wishful thinking about the next Simpsons Season DVD release...

I read an Al Jean interview online in which he said the the DVD commentaries for previous seasons were done in the winter months, and then read somewhere else that the season 5 commentaries are being done this July. If this is true, I think season 5 coming out by the end of the year is a real possibility.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Looking for confirmation:

Aside from the regular commentary tracks for each episode, there's only one "bonus" track: the Monorail episode has two commentaries.

Correct?

I love the yak tracks and just wanted to make sure I'm not missing any.

(I think there are a few on S3 I haven't listened to yet! :) )

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Looking for confirmation:

Aside from the regular commentary tracks for each episode, there's only one "bonus" track: the Monorail episode has two commentaries.

Correct?

I love the yak tracks and just wanted to make sure I'm not missing any.

(I think there are a few on S3 I haven't listened to yet! :) )

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I flipped through all the audio tracks for all the episodes manually and didn't turn up any others - if they're hidden, they're hidden better than that!

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I flipped through all the audio tracks for all the episodes manually and didn't turn up any others - if they're hidden, they're hidden better than that!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Not at all surprising that you'd be the first to answer, CJ. I just got done reading your review. (Excellent job, btw.)

I'm now done all of discs 1-3. I'm tempted to save disc 4 till next week or something! :D

Aug. 24th can't come quick enough!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Not at all surprising that you'd be the first to answer, CJ. I just got done reading your review. (Excellent job, btw.)

I'm now done all of discs 1-3. I'm tempted to save disc 4 till next week or something! :D

Aug. 24th can't come quick enough!

Seth--L

Screenwriter
Having finally gone through the entire set, commentaries and all, my only complaint is that there is too much menu animation and it goes on too damn long.

Seth--L

Screenwriter
Having finally gone through the entire set, commentaries and all, my only complaint is that there is too much menu animation and it goes on too damn long.

BryanV

Stunt Coordinator

/agree

they need to make it so that if you hit enter during the animation that it will skip it

BryanV

Stunt Coordinator

/agree

they need to make it so that if you hit enter during the animation that it will skip it

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Hit "forward" on the chapter skip button and you'll bypass the animation...

(And thanks for the nice comments, Scott!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks