What's new

HTF REVIEW: The Simpsons Complete First Season Collector's Edition (1 Viewer)

Rob Robinson

Second Unit
tom-
" Home Theater Forum has a strict anti-bootleg policy. Any discussion pertaining to copying of ANY video or audio source, defeating of copyprotection in any form, or how to obtain related equipment is forbidden. In addition, discussion of obtaining or exchanging of bootleg material is prohibited in this forum in any form. Such posts will be deleted automatically without explanation."

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Ok now, since when is it piracy to tape BROADCAST TV? This stuff is free, folks. I didn't notice anyone's posts referring to their 20+ tapes of Simpsons being deleted.
-Tom
------------------
There is nothing wrong with any of the surrounds on your Forrest Gump DVD! It's ok!!!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Tom,
You forgot what you posted.
You weren't just talking about episodes
being taped off TV -- but where those episodes
could be downloaded from. THAT is the PIRACY
issue here.
Let's move on....
------------------
ronbo.jpg

Ronald Epstein (pronounced like the English "Ronald Epstein")
Circa 2000
Home Theater Forum Administrator
All forum questions & to get on our private forum mailing list (new members)... Email: [email protected]
Problems with the webpage or site? Contact WEBMASTER
Email Packy [email protected]

Mike Mallory

Agent
A truly great comedy show will make you chuckle, again and again, even in syndication. Examples of this are "The Dick Van Dyke Show", "The Andy Griffith Show", "The Beverly Hillbillies" and "Married...with Children". "The Simpsons" not only make me chuckle, they make me laugh. Again and again.
- Mike

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Would it be bad to ask FOX, for any future volumes, to include any video of Phil Heartman doing any voices of the characters he's done??
I think it would be nice to see video of not just Phil, but the other actors doing thier voice work!
------------------

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Ron: How is downloading them any different than making a copy of your friend's tape, or taping it yourself? I don't see any piracy involved here, and it frankly seems like a double standard.
-Tom
------------------
There is nothing wrong with any of the surrounds on your Forrest Gump DVD! It's ok!!!

Wade K

Second Unit
Tom, I look at it as akin to Napster. It's fine to tape songs off the radio, but not to redistribute those recordings. Same thing for taping shows off TV.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
On the contrary, Wade, what was disputed over Napster was the fact that they were trading rips of the original material, not something broadcast. Nobody is buying Simpsons tapes and then ripping them so others don't have to buy, they're taping straight from TV. Taped radio songs were fine on Napster.
-Tom
------------------

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator
I think the Simpsons need to go back to focusing on the household issues like they did with the first 4 seasons. Still, In my opinion, it's the best sitcom/show on TV. I have been watching since the begining when I was attending public school.
famly.gif

"Don't worry were none of us perfect"---Homer J. Simpson

Wade K

Second Unit
True enough, but the sentiment is much the same. But, as Ron or others will point out, when you're playing in someone's house, you gotta play by their rules.

Chris Maynard

Supporting Actor
Tom - Taping the Simpsons for the purpose of re-distribution, at any level, is piracy.
This is the end of the discussion regarding piracy.

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator
I can't wait to have this episode on DVD. "Homer Heretic" was an episode I'll never forget.
homerHeretic2.jpg

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I find myself avoiding my normal double-dose of syndicated Simpsons these days. I don't want to see any episodes that are going to be on the set.
Like I haven't already seen the Season 1 episodes 6 times each, right?
Oh, and throw my vote in as well for "The Simpsons is the best TV show ever...ever" discussion.
------------------
Scott
Check out my Movie Reviews at Epinions. Help support my debilitating DVD addiction!
AOL IM: TheAngryJew29

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Some releases just get harder to wait for the closer they get. I want this set already. Then again, I already want season 2 as well :).
------------------
Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
Thank you Sci-Fi channel for Season 6 of Stargate SG-1
View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

Matt Giggey

Stunt Coordinator
Would it be bad to ask FOX, for any future volumes, to include any video of Phil Heartman doing any voices of the characters he's done??
I think it would be nice to see video of not just Phil, but the other actors doing thier voice work!
I agree, this would be an awesome feature! But when DVDreview had the story about the official announcement of the set, they included the following:
"The creative forces at Fox are already planning features for future box sets and are hoping to include, among other things, retrospective specials focusing on each character. Studio reps made a point to mention that one feature not planned to be included is footage of the actors recording dialog - effectively 'Bursting the Bubble'."
That is ridiculous. They already did the short theatre tour where the actors read scripts on stage for fans. If that was approved, why can't they show footage on the DVDs? Petition, anyone?
------------------
Link Removed

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
EPISODE QUESTION....
I never really watched too many episodes
of THE SIMPONS during its TV run, but I do
have a few favorite episodes.
One is where Mr. Burns and his assistant
want to reak havoc on the town.
They go to the SECRET launch room, having
to go through big security doors, handprint
and eyeprint security, and finally down batpoles.
They end up in a shack where a dog has broken in
through a broken side door.
It was the funniest thing I have ever seen.
What episode was that?
------------------
ronbo.jpg

Ronald Epstein (pronounced like the English "Ronald Epstein")
Circa 2000
Home Theater Forum Administrator
All forum questions & to get on our private forum mailing list (new members)... Email: [email protected]
Problems with the webpage or site? Contact WEBMASTER
Email Packy [email protected]

Calvin Cullen

Stunt Coordinator
Last Exit To Springfield
Episode 9F15 from season #4. The one where the nuclear workers go on strike and Burns kills power to the city.

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator
Homer's Brain recalling Carl and Marge's statements"Dental Plan....Lisa needs braces..Dental Plan..Lisa Needs Braces." (Carl saying"Dental Plan" while Marge is saying "Lisa needs braces").

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks