What's new

HTF REVIEW: "The Santa Clause" (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
David, The original Santa Clause DVD had the same design as the Video, LD covers, with the text border.

Gary W. Graley

Second Unit
Well good old Wally World only had the FULLSCREEN edition on hand!!! and we planned to see the second one last night when it opened so guess which version I now own...:frowning:
Double drats...but it ok and the sound is good and image is sharp but still looking at those screen captures up there I feel I'm missing out!
Oh well! I hadn't bought this before so for me it was an easy choice but Wally World really bummed me out on this store carry!
G2

David Stone

Stunt Coordinator
Well good old Wally World only had the FULLSCREEN edition on hand!!!
We bought ours at Wally World (and had them price match Target's lower advertised price), and had to dig through the display to find a widescreen. If you keep your receipt, I know from experience that they will exchange it for a widescreen copy when they get them back in stock. Just tell them you picked up the wrong one (which is easy to beleive considering you had to look closely at the specs on the back to see it was P&S).

A quick question, just to satify my curiosity. Does the new P&S edition include the original trailer?

Beau

Supporting Actor
The way to tell if it's Pan&Scan to the Widescreen, is the WS says it on the front, while the P&S doen't say on the front and only says it on the back. So if you have ONLY seen the P&S cover, you wouldn't know that the WS does say "Widescreen" on the front.

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator
"Might end with two copies here, one for myself and one for my mom, who still has the old VHS copy, and would like to upgrade it."

Don't forget the $5 rebate for an upgrade.
If you have the first version of the DVD or the old VHS tape, you can get $5.

Another thing is that this version is enhanced for WS TV while the previous one was not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks