What's new

HTF REVIEW: "The Outer Limits" Season One (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I've watched the 1st 4 episodes & they are as good as I remember them. I am looking forward to seeing the rest in the days ahead. A good review, thanks a lot. I do have an issue with the packaging. M-G-M should have used a REAL quadruple keepcase instead of a triple with that inadequately attached swing disc holder. It was detached & the disc loose when I open it after purchase. I put the DVDs into a real quad keepcase & made a new cover art insert for it.

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
I love this set! It probably won't get watched as often as, say, Friends, but it's more than twice as much material, so I feel I'll get my money's worth watching it through once or twice. $60 at Best Buy--not bad for 27 hours o'stuff.

Picture quality isn't perfect, but it's better than I expected.

Bring on Season 2.

Jo_C

Second Unit
Have to admit, I was never a true avid fan of "The Outer Limits" (the original television series). But I did see "Feasibility Study" the other day on Sci-Fi Channel (and a few other episodes within the last few years), so it's easy to see UA tried so hard to duplicate the magic of Rod Serling's "Twilight Zone" but failed. Ironically, when you combine UA's original "Limits" with MGM's most recent and current remake, there are actually more episodes of "Limits" than "Zone".

UA has done a good job in the past on releasing "Limits" on video, and after looking at the reviews here, they've done even better on DVD. I can't wait to see "Limits" in digital format.

UA (well, OK, MGM, since techincally they now hold UA's share of the copyright through its acquisition of the UA library, although it is still in a sense a UA property, as evidenced by their current logo on print and at the beginning of each episode on the DVD) should be commended for releasing this series.

Now, if only they'd release the "Patty Duke Show")...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks