What's new

DVD Review HTF Review: The Manchurian Candidate - Special Edition (Highly Recommended!) (1 Viewer)

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I too own the soundtrack CD, but frankly it's not a satisfying presentation of the excellent David Amram score... the sequencing is wildly out of order, and the sound quality leaves a lot to be desired. Something is better than nothing, I suppose... but I'd love to see it revisited.

Four more days till the new DVD appears! And as much as I generally loathe remakes, I must confess that I'm mildly interested to see how the new version with Denzel Washington turns out..

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
Is the commentary the same as on the first release? If I can find it cheap enough, I might double dip on this... great film.

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
Just another hymn of praise for Angela Lansbury. Her character and the critical speech she gives to her son still raises goose bumps on my neck.

One terrific bit of irony; according to the film, there really was a Communist conspiracy in government-it was run by the "Communist hunters" who deflected attention from themselves by accusing others.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
This was recently shown on an area PBS station, suprisingly in OAR. I only caught the last 50 minutes or so, but I had almost forgotten what a great movie this is. I had seen it many years ago on cable.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

Best Buy has it for $9.99 in their flier. I'll definitely be picking it up for that price. ;)

CraigMAC

Auditioning
Stupid question. When watching this, & other b&w movies, should I leave my color setting "as is" or turn it right down?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks