What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: The Incredibles -- INCREDIBLY RECOMMENDED!!! (1 Viewer)

Phil Carter

Second Unit
Real Name
Phil
Aha, I didn't know these spots were being used promotionally.

Ernest, not to derail the thread, but what do you think of "Chicken Little"?

cheers,
Phil

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Can't comment on something I haven't seen. I am, of course, deeply angered and saddened by the Eisner decision to scuttle the hand-drawn tradition at Disney Feature Animation. That's why I was one of the first 200 to sign the petition in support of Roy Disney calling for Eisner's ouster (I'm 170-something). But I'm going to have to take Chicken Little on its own terms as a movie, I don't really have a choice.

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter

And I believe that's all he was saying. I don't think he personally thought at any time there was nothing to be learned from classic animation. He was just phrasing it that way to derail the "2D is dead" mindset present in some of the audience.

Phil Carter

Second Unit
Real Name
Phil

I'm pretty much the same way. That's why I kind of hope that "Chicken Little" tanks big-time, to show Disney that it isn't CGI that makes good movies, but good story and characters...the things they used to care about.

I think I'm going to go watch "Incredibles" again. :)

cheers,
Phil

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Phil, you raise an interesting point about the abilities of the children, especially Jack-Jack. If Iger can mend the hard feelings between Pixar and Disney, then the skies the limit on what can be done with the Incredibles.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
I got my copy on Tuesday, and bottom line my favorite feature on the disc is the old school animated "Mr. Incredible and Pals" with the running audio commentary. The animation is really old school back to some 60's animated series that had the exact same corny animation and human lips on it (I forget the name of the series), but the audio commentary is what makes it a scream, especially Frozone! lol! :D

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
I just had a funny thought. Wouldn't it be hilarious if Jack-Jack turned out to have all these powers but no control over which one would appear at a particular time. Imagine needing to turn invisible at a critical moment and catching fire instead.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

While I do see the resembleness, Jason Lee was definitely the right person to voice the role. No one does "outraged whiney fanboy" better than Jason Lee. :D

Jason

Tony_Ramos

Second Unit
Ideally, you really should not even know who Syndrome is before watching the film... You will cease wanting John Lithgow once you watch it.

jason lee was perfect, or at least, whatever voice modulation they did to make him sound brattier was perfect...

Tony_Ramos

Second Unit

As much as I liked The Incredibles, I don't think any of the characters is commercial enough to pull off another theatrical feature film... Maybe a short or a straight-to-home video.

The film felt more like a perfectly executed story than a compelling world to me. Plus, a company that does intricate animation like Pixar would get burned out on rehashing the same world... Pixar thrives on new ideas.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor

Well it seems that Pixar is in talks with Disney now that they've hired a new CEO.

Hopefully they'll ink a deal that'll include a sequel to The Incredibles.

TS2 was at first to be a straight to video release and look how well that turned out.

It would be cool if the film showcased the kids going to a "superpowers" school a la X-Men.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think if they were going to do a sequel, that would be the way to go. The ONLY way I'd want to see a sequel is if they jumped ahead in time; something cartoons don't like to do because it's hard to age animated characters.

But were I to set a sequel, I'd set it with Violet a junior or so in high school with Dash and Jack Jack aged up accordingly. Some of my favorite parts of the current movie were the family interactions, even more so than the comic book action.

But if they didn't want to make a sequel and preserve the integrity of the original, that would be good too.

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, "Toy Story 2" sucked! :D

I, for one, would love to see this become a franchise. So many interesting characters, even the supporting ones like Frozone or Edna would benefit from more story.

I do NOT want to see sequels to Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, or A Bug's Life. Toy Story 2 proved that interesting things could be done and it was better than the first film IMHO.

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member

Well, I was happy that she appeared to be enjoying herself for once. Scary would have been if it weren't bad guys she was fighting. (Like if Dash took his teacher torture to the next level).

Watching "Jack-Jack Attack", I felt sorry for Kari (that's Kari like Carrie but with a "K"...). She was actually a GOOD babystitter! She played with him, tried to teach him things, etc. She didn't just grab the remote, throw the kid in the crib and gab on the phone in front of the TV. Now if she had done those things I would think she had deserved what happened to her. Surprised they didn't show her complete freak-out that was heard on the phone.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Agreed Peter. Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, and A Bug's Life need no sequels and have nowhere to take the characters, but there is definitely room for one more Toy Story, and the sky really is the limit with The Incredibles. Wonder if they'll ever turn that series into a comic book and go the opposite direction for once.

Tony_Ramos

Second Unit
IS there really room, Chris?

I mean, didn't the characters learn all they needed to learn?

And if they aged the kids, you've now made the film a little less accessible to children.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks