What's new

DVD Review HTF Review: The Happy Gilmore / Billy Madison DVD Collection (1 Viewer)

David Galindo

Screenwriter
I really, really dont like Billy Madison, but really, really love Happy Gilmore. Guess Ill have to buy both then :)

Great review!

Mark Pytel

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pytel
Hopefully Universal will do other actor two movie set re-releases. I am hoping for a Van Damme five pack with animorphic OAR versions of Timecop and Sudden Death, Lionheart, The Quest and Street Fighter, or two different two packs.
I am also hoping for a Schwarzenegger pack containing Animporhic OAR versions of Twins, Kindergarten Cop and Conan the Destroyer.
Honestly, I would be happy if they release these with no extras and just 16:9 OAR versions of the movies. As of now, most of these movies are Pan and Scan, and the other 3 are non-animorphic. It would make my day to have these versions out on dvd!
-Mark

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
What I really want is a Waterboy special edition. That would be delicious.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Aaron Thorne

Stunt Coordinator

I sure hope so cause it sucks for those of us that already own Billy Madison and have to purchase another copy just to get Happy in OAR.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Don't have either (didn't want HG full frame); I'll be picking this up. How is it packaged?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Two totally separate cases inside a cardboard slipcase. If anyone wants evidence they'll release these two individually, I think the fact both stand totally alone supports that - they can easily exist separately and not look like they're part of a package.

I'll bet we'll see plenty of them on ebay, as folks auction off the one they don't want...

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
"This is a first for Happy Gilmore, which was previously released only in the dreaded “Full Screen”! Although I hated to do it, I like Happy Gilmore so much I bought it that way…but please don’t tell anyone!"

Don't worry. You'er not the only one. Luckily I got $8 credit from blockbuster a few weeks ago. :)

Good review. I'm definately putting this one on my wish list. :)

Joel C

Screenwriter
Sounds like the same packaging they used for the Flashback Collection with Dazed and Confused and Fast Times. Wonder why those were available apart from the start and these aren't.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Just wish we could get a Wedding Singer:SE. That's my favorite Sandler film because I love all the nostalgic 80s references. And it was actually a nice story too :)

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
I'll be picking this up as well. I've waited forever for OAR happy. I wonder if it has anything to do with my e-mails to universal. I e-mailed them about liar liar when that was full frame only, expresing my dissatisfaction there was no widescreen version, and later, did the same for happy gillmore. Ok.. perhaps it wasn't JUST me that did it, but seems more than coincidental, that BOTH titles I had e-mailed them about are both available. Hmmm.. anyone got wrner home videos e-mail.. I want to talk to them about spies like us. :D

jonathan_govols

Stunt Coordinator
I got this one in the mail today and I was really pleased with the picture quality on both films. I think the Billy Madison transfer looks a little bit better than the original (Not a whole lot, but it does seem better than I remember). And Happy Gilmore looks A TON better than the old Full Frame edition. And nice job on including alot of deleted scenes Universal (even if alot of them are short).

Hopefully WB can take some pointers on how they should do a Ace Ventura 1/2 boxset.

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator
I bought the set. I loved the Happy Gilmore disc !!! Perfect ! (only missing a commentary track with Dennis Dugan and Adam sandler) But Billy Madison did not hold up for me at all . The commentary was boring as hell the gag reel and deleted scenes are horrible , so the disc is now in stock at my local FYE (Sold it for 5 bucks , so Happy Gilmore cost me $10.88 !!) Totally worth my SE of Happy Gilmore The best film Sandler has ever done !!

Suck my white ass ball !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks