What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: The Forgotten (1 Viewer)

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
I prefer the alternate ending. It makes more sense. The theatrical ending is more disjointed and you can tell it was cobbled together afterwards probably by the edict of some hollywood suit who felt the original ending didn't have enough cliche movie crap in it.

Certain lines of dialogue and scenes seem out of place or strange in the theatrical ending while the alternate one feels more like it was the director's original intent.

- Jack

R. Kay

Second Unit
The sudden car collision scene was cool, but totally unrealistic. They both jumped out of the car like nothing had just happened.

Can anyone tell me what the alternate ending was (cover it with a spoiler alert if you must).

By the way ... lame movie imho.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Alternate ending, IIRC:

It's pretty similar to the regular ending, actually. The alien guy is not whisked away by the other aliens -- instead, there is this weird scene of Julianne Moore in her son's room as more of her memories are removed. In the end, the alien experiment finishes and everyone goes back to normal (including the kids) -- the very end is the same.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Great cast give the story the appearance of a lot more dramatic weight that it never has. A half hour Twilight Zone episode stretched into two hours. I predict this movie will be quickly forgotten.

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Did anyone notice that there were quite a few layer changes in this thing. I counted at least 3. It could be due to putting two versions of the film plus the different audio tracks on it. In anycase, I'm glad I rented the movie and didn't buy it. The movie was OK until the end and then it just kinda fell flat.:thumbsdown:

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Everyone kinda summed up this movie and the way I feel about it...I had higher hopes for it. And the X-Files comparisons should be that it played like a second-rate X-Files episode. As far as the "jump" scene goes:

I was in a car accident four months ago and that scene scared the shit outta me! But I suffered a broken vertabrae and a concussion, whereas they got off WAY too easy!

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Aaron, I don't know if they were branching spots or not, it just seemed that there was a very brief momentary freeze like a layer change. I rented the movie from the Albertson's video rental kiosk and it did have a few scratches on it. But they definately looked like layer changes.

ErichH

Screenwriter
A rental for me.
I knew nothing about this movie going in, so I enjoyed it.
Certainly a guilty pleasure, but it was fun. I don't expect to but it.
I can see why any review or clip would have spoiled the surprise for me.

E

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Eric (Schulz),

Hope you're doing OK now!

Chuck,

I'm curious to check that out, but I'm way too busy with a huge stack of upcoming releases at the mo'. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks