What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: The Fly - Collector's Edition (1 Viewer)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I found the easter eggs:

on disc 2: click for the documentaries, then click on the doc for the 2 hour doc.. click up and around on the left side and you find the first easter egg..

also on disc 2: goto the marketing and trailers page.. then click on trailers and tv spots.. then click up and then left.. you find the trailers for aliens and big trouble, with the fly.

JACOB

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I forgot to mention, the package in within a Fox Sci-Fi display that contains other DVD packages as well, so you may have do dig a bit to find it. Once again, for anyone else who happens to find this at their Costco, they will not let you buy before street.

Greg K

Second Unit
Well, I've been to many local stores, and nada. However, I did see The Fly II: CE at two Blockbuster Video stores fro rental, but no sign of the first film. I decided against renting Fly II. I'd rather own and see both CEs in order.

Thankfully, Chris-F has been keeping me sane by sending some tantalizing screencaps from the deleted scenes and other juicy bits.

Three days to go.

>BEGIN TELEPORTATION SEQUENCE

>SEQUENCE ACTIVATED

>TELEPORTATION SEQUENCE IN: 00:03

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher

Greg K & anybody looking to buy both versions should look to Best Buy on Tuesday. I have the new BB circular in my hand right now & they are showing both SE's as part of their weekly 2 for $20 specials.

Dannie

Stunt Coordinator
i got both fly and fly2 earlier this week at my local dvd store they get things early all the time and sell them.

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
I was lucky enough to find The Fly SE this morning at
the local department store, and I grabbed it in a heart-
beat. They also had The Fly 2 SE, but I passed on that one
(I didn't like the film). The commentary by Cronenberg
is very good, and the documentary is one of the best I've
seen. The story about Typhoon the Babboon is priceless.
I didn't watch the deleted/ extended scenes yet, but I
saw the monkey/cat part in the doc (I can understand why that scene was cut).

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
They have and these available near me for several days now, each for $13 (fly and Fly 2)

I have never seen either, but am tempted to pick up Fly. Is it worthy of a blind buy? Can anyone recommend it? The reviews look pretty good and the set seems impressive enough, but any thoughts?

PaulP

Senior HTF Member

If you get it, think of it as another 2 discs to make a big The Fly: 4-disc SE. The second disc contains a great documentary about all of the Fly films, as well as other extras about The Fly.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Heh, I went to this with a date when it first came out--her choice of movie, I might add---and she had to leave to go throw up. Not the first choice of date pictures, I'm afraid. I'll have to call her and let her know it's coming out on DVD ;)

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member

BB has both titles in a 'buy two for twenty bucks' promo.
5 bucks a disc, or less, would be the only way for me to pick up 2. Could someone post a review of "The Fly" (1) special features on the second movies extra disc?
Thanks.

Chris Parham

Stunt Coordinator
Just to be clear, am I correct that the video presentation on this disc is identical to the the double feature disc already available? Does the double feature disc have DTS? I'm not much into docs and commentaries. I care mostly about the presentation of the film itself. If anybody can confirm that the DTS soundtrack is any great shakes over the DD, then I might pick up this new version to add this title to my collection. If, however, there is a marginal to no difference in soundtracks and the video is identical, I will look for a discounted version of the double bill.

Thanks

Brett C

Second Unit
This is a terrific release, I love the extras on it,always good to see a release thats not filled with the usual fluff pieces you get on the majority of releases. BTW, I thought the foot eating scene shown in the docu at 1.19.15 was pretty damm cool, besides the monkey cat scene.

Haden

Supporting Actor
I still can't believe this was only $9.99 at Best Buy today. That's a hell of a deal for a special edition packed with this much. Getting the Fly 2 for only $9.99 was a no-brainer as well.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Exactly, but that makes me wonder why the studio bothered to do it in the first place. Were they originally having trouble getting the director to do a commentary? Or was it going to be a 2nd commentary by fans poking fun at how bad the sequel turned out to be like something out of MST3K? Maybe they went over the top with their insults and that's why it was cut. :)

Is David Prior still watching this thread? Perhaps he can offer some answers.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I think that David Prior pointed out earlier in this thread that he did not work on "The Fly II" SE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks