What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: The Fly - Collector's Edition (1 Viewer)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
maybe mike can tease greg with some screenshots from the dvd?

JACOB

Greg K

Second Unit
I'm...just...going....to...sit...in...a...nice...q uiet...corner...and...put...my...hands...to...my.. .ears....

(Perches on rooftop) NO!

No, I won't, I won't, I won't...!!!! (Greg bites off his own leg)

Chris-F

Auditioning
I've heard word from a fairly reliable source that these have been released to the Public early? Is this true?

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
the home theatre is not allowed to say what stores are selling it early.. however if someone does e-mail or private you.. asking you where you heard this info.. about a store or something releasing early.. that is okay.

I have not heard anything.

JACOB

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I'll be buying this on everyone's recommendations. Does the FLY II suck?

Chris-F

Auditioning
The Fly II has a mixed bag of opinions. Some love it, some hate it. I used to love it, now I think it's alright. I'm assuming since you're buying the first film purely on the opinion of others you can afford to just buy both anyway! ;)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
sorry if I'm confused, guys... the transfer is the same as before?!?!? What about all this "restored" jazz? Can someone enlighten?

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
gotcha, so what's up? Didn't the review just state how much better it looks now being "fully restored" and all? And didn't Cronenberg say he disliked the old transfer? I haven't read the huge thread. So isn't this a bit disappointing?

d

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member

Thanks to a tip, I picked up both The Fly and Fly II special editions earlier today. Can't wait to tear through em, especially Cronenberg's classic!

Greg K

Second Unit
I work in a store as an electronics clerk. The Fly is in this week's ad paper, but I didn't see it in the back room. I suggested to my superior that he might get an e-mail suggesting an ad correction (where a notice stating that the ad is incorrect--and giving the correct release date--is hung up in the store). We'll see.

Still, stores that do break street date are subjected to a fine. I'm kinda surprised that some stores would knowingly do that (or maybe it's unknowingly).

If I see the DVDs in stores this week, I'll be surprised (but happy).

WillG

Senior HTF Member

The Fly DVDs were supposed to be released this week but were pushed back a week. Maybe some of the smaller stores are disregarding the message.

Greg K

Second Unit
That is entirely possible. But the one-week delay was announced a while ago. Surely they would have been informed, and heeded the news.

What kinda business we runnin' heres, anyhoo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks