What's new

HTF REVIEW: "The Adventures of Pluto Nash" (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Robert McClanahan

Stunt Coordinator
The fact that Eddy Murphy was in it was the problem.I like Eddy alot, but I think a person might watch this expecting a great performance from Murphy.They should have used no name actors and peoples expectations would not have been so high.:)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
eddie has had one good movie in recent years....BOWFINGER.
ITis one of my fav steve martin movies also.
jons do you have mixed nuts in your sig because you like that film?
your a more forgiving person then me if you do like that film.:D

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Tough choice for the worst movie....
Crocodile Hunter or Pluto Nash
Let's just say that both were difficult films
to watch.
Let's also say that fans of Crocodile Hunter
will no doubt love the theatrical version while fans
of Eddie Murphy will wonder what the "F" inspired
him to agree to do Pluto Nash.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
In absolute terms, this movie has made the largest financial loss of any movie to date, with a budget of $100 million and a total US gross of $4.41 million (total loss, $95.59 million).
Well, as it stands right now,
Treasure Planet is worse off than Pluto
since TP budget is $140m and only racked in @$30m

Robert McClanahan

Stunt Coordinator
Treasure Planet!Isnt that Disneys latest try at an animated movie.Looks like a cross between Atlantis and I dont know what.Sorry from getting off subject.

Brenton

Screenwriter
Treasure Planet's first mistake was having a stupid title. It's up there with Fear Dot Com, Swimfan, and Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever.
Thank you Ron for steering me away from this movie. I thought that this looked like a fun and clever concept for a film, and I could have risked blindingly renting it. Now I know better.

Daniel P

Stunt Coordinator
I thought this film looked like something Kit Ramsay (Ediie's character from Bowfinger) would star in...

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
Actually I kinda liked this one... But with all the releases on December 17 and the fact that I'm a bit broke for all the gifts shopping, I'll skip that one although it is harder to skip than Country Bears since Disney decided I was not buying it.

A question though, is it OAR Only or is there also a Pan & Scan version? You should mention it in your reviews right next where you specify the Aspect Ratio as a warning that there is a wrong version out there. Since it was a flop, maybe they figured that the few who appreciated this movie care about OAR... If so, I guess we have to give them that...

Joe McKeown

Stunt Coordinator
Ron,

I can't even find time to watch the movies I want to see; let alone crap, let alone writing reviews (and reviews of crap)
Do you ever sleep?

Your commitment is unquestionable.

Thank you, and never forget your efforts are appreciated.

JosephMoore

Stunt Coordinator
Is this movie bad enough for it to be humorous how bad it is? ("Mystery Science Theater" fodder) Or is it that level of mediocre crap that's to bad to watch seriously, but not bad enough to laugh at?

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Is this movie bad enough for it to be humorous how bad it is? ("Mystery Science Theater" fodder) Or is it that level of mediocre crap that's to bad to watch seriously, but not bad enough to laugh at?
I don't know about anyone else, but usually I find that bad comedy is usally just painful, and doesn't fall under the "so bad it's good" category.

AndrewW

Stunt Coordinator
OK, is this as bad as Dude Where's My Car? DWMC is the worst movie I've ever seen. I've watched every Eddie film so far, why stop now..

Craig Morris

Stunt Coordinator
OK, call me crazy, but I'm dying to see this movie.
My best friend is in it. :)
We don't even know if her part was cut out (we refused to pay to see it in the theater)...
But she has a scene in the nightclub where Eddie pushes her out of the way. Hopefully it made it into the final cut.
Oh well, even if it didn't, she got to meet Eddie, and despite all the trash talk, he's apparently very nice in person.

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
Well I bought this movie and Ballistic today and just read this review so they are both going right back to the store.:frowning: :frowning: I guess I'll just watch Titanic tomorrow, considering I got it for Christmas three years ago and never opened it.

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
I got this movie via Netflix. I will often watch a bad movie just to see how bad it is :) call me crazy.
While this movie was bad, I have seen a lot worse. It wasn't overly painful to watch and it does have a few clever moments. I definitely would not recommend this to anyone but it is not as bad as many people say it is. But it is still pretty damn bad.

Andy_MT

Second Unit
perhaps this is one of those films where no one gets it now, but 10 years down the line it will be considered ahead of it's time, perhaps even a classic. this has happened before hasn't it ?

however, saying that, i've still yet to watch it ...

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
perhaps this is one of those films where no one gets it now, but 10 years down the line it will be considered ahead of it's time, perhaps even a classic. this has happened before hasn't it ?
"Misunderstood" movies like that usually open to mixed reviews at worst, not the universal bitchslapping that this flick received.

Users who are viewing this thread