What's new

HTF REVIEW: Star Wars - Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (1 Viewer)

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
There were many great moments in ROTS. Two of the most emotional for me were 'Anakin and the younglings' and 'Anakin confronting Padme on Musstafar'.

DanR

Supporting Actor

For me, and this may be my favorite part of the trilogy, is when the clones turn on their Jedi generals. That whole sequence is just mind boggling to me. I mean, if I had a lightsaber and could have somehow jumped into the screen and joined the fight I would have. And the part when Yoda can sense the disturbance, and as he is sensing it Commander Gree is coming up behind him...loved it. We all like Yoda so much, and even though we know he made it through, you still wanted to yell "Watch out Yoda!!!" And then Yoda crawls up in Chewy's back after he survives the attack. The Editing, the music, the cool "star wars" moments of the sequence, etc. Worked perfectly. And I also love all the different clone commanders...theyre kind of like Samurai or something with the unique armor.

Regards,
Dan

Matt Wright

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah I agree the clone troopers turning on the Jedi was the stand out moment in ROTS for me. I am very anxious to get this DVD, especially for the reference image quality.

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
Good God, I can't wait to get this! I agree, the best of the saga. My supplier will be delivering my copy on the 24th, and we'll be doing a prequel marathon. Thanks for the review! :emoji_thumbsup:

Jim Smith

Stunt Coordinator
For me the end duel was the greatest fight sequence in all of cinema but some of the more quiet momments were some of the most powerful. Obi-Wans "You were the choosen one" speech was brilliantly acted. Novemeber 1 can't come fast enough.

Tom J. Davis

Second Unit
I need to quit reading this thread. I can't stand it!!

You knew it was going to happen, but it was handled so incredibly well. My heart went to my stomach when that whole sequence started. I also love when Obi-Wan tells Padme about Anakin, possibly my favorite line in ROTS, "I'm so sorry." Delivered perfectly by Ewan.

Matt Leigh

Stunt Coordinator
Did anyone else get how what happens to Anakin nearly happens to Luke. Anakin thinks he sees the future and does what he has to to change it. Luke sees the future of his friends on Bespin and attempts to do what he can to change it. Anakin's decision and failure strengthens the same scene with Luke in Empire.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the review. One of my favorite shots is when

Vader walks on the bridge of the Star Destroyer and watches the construction of the Death Star. The musical cue with the violins is beautiful.

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
All of these favorite moments listed by people here are great but the standout scene for me was the Rumination Scene between Anakin and Padme.

No dialogue. Haunting music by John Williams. Natalie and Hayden delivered tragically here. The visuals, stunning.

Anakin makes his choice in this scene in the Council Chambers. He doesn't choose Palpatine or the Jedi. He chooses Padme.

But, the question is this; were Anakin and Padme connected through the Force in this scene? The way Lucas wrote and edited the scene and how Hayden and Natalie performed it makes me believe that you can make that assumption.

I saw Episode III multiple times. Every time this scene came up, I got a bit choked up. It could very well be my favorite scene in all of Star Wars.

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
There were many scenes where I got choked up (Jedi Purge, when Obi said, "I have failed you Anakin) and the "Rumination" scene was another one of them. I agree Cory S; it was beautifully done.

I also love the pounding drums at the beggining of the movie as Anakin and OWK's ships come on to the screen. I'm getting goose bumps just thinking about it.

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
Yeah, that was an interesting cue, using military type drum rifts in the beginning. But, it was great. Set the mood just right for the opening battle.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I'm disappointed there's no gag reel on this. Oh well. Not too big of a deal.

DanR

Supporting Actor

Yep, track 10 on the CD right?

I think what makes this work so well is that the motif kind of funnels you emotionally to the conclusion (i.e. the last part of the film). It effectively acts as a bridge from the point where sides/loyalties/decisions have been chosen/made to the part where the effects of these choices/loyalties will be made clear. John Williams is the man.

-Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks