What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Star Wars: Clone Wars - Volume One (1 Viewer)

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Yes, but in the early days before discrete audio channels they found a way to multiplex "hidden" information into a stereo signal that wouldn't interfere with normal playback, but be expanded into surround channels on equipment able to decipher it.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
69 minutes too much!? Hell no, give me more, MORE, MORE!!! :eek:

I just picked this up today and just finished watching it, man what a ride! I am so primed for EP III i'm busting!

So, that's General Grievous huh? An imposing villian to be sure, but he struck me as just a big droid that could easily be blown to bits by one of the Republics tanks, but he was tough, though. Can't wait to see him in action in the film.

I guess I had Darth Sidios pegged all wrong too, he commanded that skinny Sith thing to find and kill Anakin! I was under the impression that Sidios, as Palpatine, was duping Anakin into slowly turning to the dark side, it shocked me when he ordered his death, didn't see that coming! I guess he figured Anakin's abilities were too great to bank on, if he failed to be turned, he would be the Trade Federations/Galactic Empire's greatest enemy and could possibly destroy them.

I also LOVED the use of the music from the films! It really completed the whole thing. And yes, Mace Windu's breaking bad on that giant pounding ship and those droid armies made me giddy! :) Now I know what Anakin meant in EP II when he commented about Master Windu being powerful, because I had only seen him in action during the arena fight and ensuing field battle on Geonosis in EP II.

It was also cool seeing a lightsaber being assembled in the Jedi cave. So, I guess that's where all of the crystals come from that produce lghtsabers huh? I noticed that they were all either green, red, blue and purple, very cool detail to include.

Anyway, I ate this up with a spoon and had a great time watching it, a blast actually! When can we expect that second volume? I want it, like, yesterday!

69 min is too much? Surely you jest! ;)

CraigL

Screenwriter
Actually, I really enjoyed the first set but really was disappointed by the second. YMMV. Might have to break out the first season again before seeing Sith on Thursday.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
As an ultra-Star Wars nerd, I see no need to watch the cartoons before seeing Episode III. Don't get me wrong, I love them but to me watching the cartoons before Episode III would be like reading the books or comics that take place before it- not necessary. :)

Eric F

Screenwriter
I'm with John. This is one of the few discs I was so caught up in that I didn't hear the phone ring. But I was already a Tartakovsky fan, but this one bested all my expectations.

The extras- I wonder how he can get any work done in that office of his? That's about it.

I can't bring myself to watch v2 on TV or lo-res internet. I need it to be anamorphic DVD at least. They should have just released both sets now. As it stands it will probably be a few months before we see v2, maybe with the Ep3 DVD?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Also, let's all bow our heads for a moment of silence for poor R4. :frowning:

I'm going to, 'sniff', miss that...'sniff' 'sob', little droid 'sniff'. :frowning::frowning:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
looks like cartoon net is showng the entire series all in one shot next saturday night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks