What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Spy Game" (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

kevin_asai

Stunt Coordinator
I've bought this DVD. Just like what Ron said, the DTS is out of this world. It sounds very natural and, also, the bass is deep. GOD, I can't believe what I just heard from those 2 hours. I mean there are other DVD that sounds good but this one sounds so natural as if I was there.

James FT

Stunt Coordinator
I own a toshiba 4109x and the captions for the handicapped hearing came on at certain points of the disc and went off at other times. First time I ever experienced it. There must be something on the disc that triggers the Toshiba player. It was a very enjoyable film but the captions spoiled it. Also I did note the the film was very grainy in fact I played some other discs afterwards to check out my player and starwars airforce superbits all played well. Perhaps Ron can check with the reps at universal and find out why this disc played so poorly on Toshiba players. Obviously this must be a common problem as there are several complaints about it.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Just watched this one last night. Even though I read Ron's review , I'm glad I just rented this one. It's a pretty entertaining film, but I doubt I would watch this one more than once, So I'm glad I just did the rental. I have, in the past, made the mistake of buying sight unseen, but I'm getting a little more wise in choosing my purchases. Good movie though.

Troy

clay f

Grip
i cant really put my finger on why i disliked this movie. it seemed like it was trying too hard to portray robert redford as this real slick guy. its like he was always one step ahead of everyone, and always had this slick little one liner to leave people with their mouths gaping. i realize that is part of the character, but i think it was over done. most of the time it just came off as cheesey. brad pitt is one of my favorite actors, but his performance in this movie just wasnt memorable. it was nothing compared to tyler durden or one punch mickey.
the dvd, on the other hand, was great for reasons mentioned earlier on. the DTS was very well done. for some reason whenever i listen to a movie with good sound, the parts that stick out in my mind the most are the quieter scenes that are well done, like the directional effects in the conference room that was mentioned. dont get me wrong, explosions are great, but what i truly love is when i feel immersed in the movie.
i know a lot of people will disagree with me because of all the positve replys about the movie, but this is just how i felt about it. anyways, i'll shut up now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks